Squash partner needed - (Or Table Tennis/Tennis/Badminton)

Hi there,

I recently moved to Sheffield for my new job, but I literally don't know anybody from Sheffield, and as a result, I don't have a Squash partner anymore. I am looking for someone who wants to play 2 or 3 times a week (male or female, any age/ability), but if you fancy Tennis, Badminton or Table Tennis, I'm up for that too, although my main sport is Squash (been playing for a few years now), I'd love to get better at the other three.

Give us a shout if you fancy a game/regular partner. I live at the top end of Ecclesall Road but I drive so there's some flexibility as to where we play.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Sam

Hi Sam,

If you're interested in brushing up on your tennis, then our tennis club could do with more players - we're based at Bamford (Bamford tennis club http://bamfordtennis.org.uk/ ) - just outside of Sheffield, in the lovely countryside but from Ecclesall Rd only about 15 mins or less drive). It's a lovely spot to play (in the Peak National Park). We play in the Sheffield league so we get around all the big clubs. Our club is small and more personal, we could do with some new players though! We have practice nights, club/social nights and play at different leagues.

I also play racketball and Squash - though I tend to pay-as-you go at places I can find.

I recently emailed the Hallamshire Squash club on Ecclesall Road (also a tennis club) - they're pretty pricey, but I think for squash they have a public night where you can just pay on certain nights. I think its linked with the University some how.

Plenty of badminton clubs in the city - the Sheffield Telegraph have some listings.

Sal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I coach squash at Abbeydale Park Rackets and Fitness Club, it's a great place to play squash, the courts have just been refurbished. You can play as a guest for £5 (plus a £5 court fee).

I also offer a racket stringing service based at Abbeydale, for both members and non-members. You can call or text me on 07540900414 or follow me on twitter or facebook at mtstringing for more information. I restring squash, badminton, tennis and racketball rackets starting from £14 and offer a wide variety of strings.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Mark Tasker

• 6 months later...
Hey, I'm looking to find a squash partner too. I'm a decent player but no longer have any squash partners in Sheffield. Would anyone like a match?

hello there jacktack

i play squash every week at davys sports club on prince of wales.there are 2 courts there.i would be happy to arrange a game with you.i am an average club player 56 yrs old but relatively fit for my age.i live at the mosboro/halfway area of sheffield&i am quite flexible time wise but i have to be home for 6,30/6.45pm to take the the mrs to work.

regards alf

Archived