Basketball - places available

Hello all,

Fatlads Basketball has been running a session at Springs Leisure Center on East Bank Road on Monday Nights for years, it is time to pull some new people in!

Time: Mondays 20:15-21:45 (1.30 hours)

What: Scrimmages (5v5 full court preferred) after a 10-15 minute warm-up/shoot in (no coach/pressure/just fun)

Age: the current group ranges in age from 20-odds to 50+ with the average somewhere around 30, so let's say: adults only.

Required Skill: It helps to understand the game and to have played it before, you don't need to be an accomplished player, but knowing the difference between a 2 and 3 point shot, knowing how to make a lay-up and understanding what a personal foul is all helps tremendously. We have men and a few women, so your gender is irrelevant, although it is fair to say that there is the usual physical contact that comes with basketball, so if you are 'squeamish' than you are perhaps better off playing korfbal.

Price: depending on numbers but let's say up to 5£, less when there are enough to cover the cost of the court hire.

Facilities: you are free to use the showers/dressing rooms before/after the game. Reasonably secure parking is provided for.

This fun and relaxed session has been running for years and attracts a wide variety of people, new people join all the time but due to some people moving or getting injured recently our numbers have dropped to around 10 which is not enough for the long term.

Feel free to contact me here if you have further questions.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying.

It is still going - at least for this month. SIV have decided to bump up our session cost 96% in the space of three months so things are a bit tight! We hope to negotiate a deal with them to keep costs reasonable.

@Kayley as long as you know the game and enjoy it you will have a good time.

@KickButowski see you next Monday then!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I am currently setting up a basketball league for people who are looking for a fun friendly league to play in, it will be around £4/5 per person for a game and ideally I am looking for a few more teams or people interested in getting involved and I can set you up with other players needing teams, would you guys be interested in something like this? I will literally do everything else all you need to do is come along? Licensed officials too

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived