Bill Roache - A little strange to say the least

Many people believe in reincarnation and that each life is linked, if something bad happens to you it's because of something you did in a past life. Karma, The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny.

That's a somewhat simplistic view of karma. It would be more accurate to say that everything you have done in the past affects you now.

It's simple causation and effect- if you behave in certain ways, that determines what you are in the future.

This clearly happens over one lifetime- people who behave selfishly, greedily and cruelly, become the kind of person that selfish/greedy/cruel people become, and they reap the consequences of being that type of person.

Karma is simply the same process, but over more than one life.

To say that people are born disabled, or born into a life of abuse, as punishment for something they're done in a previous life, is a strange interpretation, and shows a lack of understanding of what karma is.

:hihi:You jumped to the wrong conclusion,i did that once and suffered for it.

You did? One of my favourite fictional characters called himself Marx Marvelous so that he could upset Commie haters and Gay haters at the same time.

That's a somewhat simplistic view of karma. It would be more accurate to say that everything you have done in the past affects you now.

It's simple causation and effect- if you behave in certain ways, that determines what you are in the future.

This clearly happens over one lifetime- people who are behave selfishly, greedily and cruelly, become the kind of person that selfish/greedy/cruel people become, and they reap the consequences of being that type of person.

To say that people are born disabled, or born into a life of abuse, as punishment for something they're done in a previous life, is fairly dim, and shows a real lack of understanding of what karma is.

Karma is what people would like to happen. People are not held to account for their actions by anyone other than their peers. There is no divine retribution or celestial condemnation.

You state that people are held accountable for their actions?

No, I didn't. held accountable by who/what? It doesn't make sense- i said nothing of the kind.

what I said was this-

This clearly happens over one lifetime- people who behave selfishly, greedily and cruelly, become the kind of person that selfish/greedy/cruel people become, and they reap the consequences of being that type of person.

To say that people are born disabled, or born into a life of abuse, as punishment for something they're done in a previous life, is a strange interpretation, and shows a lack of understanding of what karma is.

And they are completely deluded don't you agree?

In my humble opinion, yes they are deluded, but we allow for the freedom of religious belief and if that’s what Bill Roache believes then I support his right to believe it. What I don’t understand is why someone that doesn’t believe it would be offended by his belief.

Some people also believe that God will punish children for the sins of the father.

Exodus 20:5,6: “For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.”

Fascinating stuff, but, again, of no relevance to my post which you quoted above.

It's probably indicative of some deep spiritual malaise that the thoughts of Bill Roache the soap star count for more than Bill Roache the plumber or Bill Roache the bus driver

I'm inclined to agree.

It's funny how Bill Roache doesn't see the death of his baby daughter as punishment for a past life. That honour just goes to other people.

His views are repugnant.

Archived