Broomhall history and current

RosieArch

Hi I lived on gloucester st offbroomspring lane 1925 to 1935 it was considered a very good area in those days, lots of professional people, beautiful houses, then it went downhill and another set of PROS moved in .

Hi I was born in Gloucester St,what a coincidence.any photos?:hihi:

i've been living in broomhal for many years ... and i would say that it's a rough neighbourhood these day ... many problems with night-time trouble makers who kick, bang and mess up the paper / rubbish bins along the street...

also there have been 2 incidences of 2 female students from the fareast getting mugged late at night last year

Hi I was born in Gloucester St,what a coincidence.any photos?:hihi:

Hi Glen Did you know the no;? 48, your dad was born bk no; 50, all redeveloped now , i was doing a relief spell for a fellow housing inspector of that area and stood on the pavement outside the spot where you was born and where I lived and a lady came out and asked what Iwas staring at , said I had been looking at her for 10 minutes, I had to laugh, she replied it was not a laughing matter so I got in the car and hopped it, and left her muttering ringing the police Arti

My parents lived in the Broomhall area with their families before and just after they were married, (1920s to 40s). I heard them talk about Monmouth Street, Broomhall Street, Bath Street. I was christened at St Silas church and I remember my mum taking me and my sister to a dressmaker (Mrs Turton?) in the area. She used to make our Whitsuntide outfits - coats and dresses with about 10'' hems so we could "grow into them". My parents still used to go to a pub there that they used to refer to as "Elliots" .

Archived