Sofa mechanism question

Weve got a recliner leather sofa, problem is, i went to put the foot part up.(it would have to be me doing it) and it broke!...hubby found a broken pin on the floor under the sofa..

My question is do i have to buy a footstool, or does anyone know if i could get it fixed, or would it be easy to mend ourselfs..

Please dont tell me to buy another one, it may be 5 yrs old but it was a lot of money...:)

Weve got a recliner leather sofa, problem is, i went to put the foot part up.(it would have to be me doing it) and it broke!...hubby found a broken pin on the floor under the sofa..

My question is do i have to buy a footstool, or does anyone know if i could get it fixed, or would it be easy to mend ourselfs..

Please dont tell me to buy another one, it may be 5 yrs old but it was a lot of money...:)

I thought this only happened to me, the others use it to the point of destruction then put it down for me to pick up, break and then get called heavy handed or clumsy. :rant:

normally, repairable.

Cable like bike break cable held in place at both ends by 2 pins.

I've repaired in the past, replacing cable or finding an alternative way of fixing.

Can we have a bit more detailed info on mending it please..I'm not too sure what you mean...:)

Archived