Economy slowly improving

if the economy is gradually improving as they say , all be it slowly . why does the government keep making it harder for us to survive . Why not let it carry on healing slowly .

Economic growth doesn’t equal everyone is better off, it can grow whilst the poorest get poorer, it can go into reverse whilst the poorest get wealthier. It’s not a good measure of how wealthy individuals are. We had economic growth under labour yet millions of people ended up with massive debts.

Everyone better off? You must be joking!!!

You are a wage slave, so you work for a boss, who borrows money from the banks, and thus pays charges, as well as repaying debts. So you work harder and longer, for both your boss and the greedy banks. You will find your money not going as far, as fuel, rented housing, food and other necessities make you realise you are going nowhere fast.

If we leave Europe, then companies that used us as a platform into Europe will move, and our so called output will fall. We have devalued by 6% this year and hopefully the 25-30% devaluation will be completed this yeara, so expect rises in prices. THe good thing is the price of TV's are going down, which can take ones worries away for a while.

On the other hand one can take up a religion, as who knows, like the lottery you might be a winner.

if the economy is gradually improving as they say , all be it slowly . why does the government keep making it harder for us to survive . Why not let it carry on healing slowly .

I think they are trying to pay off the massive debt run up by the last government. Wouldn't it be great if we could all go mad on our credit card and then pass it on for someone else to pay?

I think they are trying to pay off the massive debt run up by the last government. Wouldn't it be great if we could all go mad on our credit card and then pass it on for someone else to pay?
how big is osbournes credit card bill going to be for the next gov to sort out ?

Because it is not improving. As best it's stagnating. At worst we're soon going to be in a triple dip recession.

---------- Post added 21-03-2013 at 08:49 ----------

You think wrong. They're increasing the debt.

As for getting others to take on debt that is exactly their plan. They want us all to start buying houses again. Re-inflate the housing bubble with sub-prime lending? Utter madness, repeating one of the single most stupid policy features of the Labour government:

http://www.cityam.com/article/osbornes-budget-brings-back-sub-prime-britain

I would say the economy is changing to one where the people at the top receive a larger share of the wealth and deflect attention away from themselves by pitting the middle class against the lower classes.

At least we'd have something to show for it. With this bunch, it's all pain and no gain, unless you're a banker or multi-millionnaire, of course.

I would say the economy is changing to one where the people at the top receive a larger share of the wealth and deflect attention away from themselves by pitting the middle class against the lower classes.
More or less in agreement with the sentiment...but that's more of a social commentary than economical, tbh.

Unless one is "at the top", or "going to do something" about the above, really, what good is it moaning and moaning some more about it? It gets tedious fast :rolleyes: (not a criticism @ you Wex, just commenting here).

IMHO, the economy is slowly changing, wherein the importance of the service sector is slowly stabilising, maybe even shrinking some, and the manufacturing sector is making a correspondingly slow comeback.

No stats or sources for that, so don't ask me for links: it's just a gut feel as I see that every day with my clients, and it's been going on for a fair few months now, wherein ever more of them are deliberately keeping manufacture in the UK or repatriating it here. Many of them are in/around Sheffield, as well, and their products are in global demand.

Balance sheets of many new clients (irrespective of field of activity) also show a stabilisation generally around 2011 (for the long-established ones still trading today), with a bad hiccup around '07-'09, a period of stabilisation/restructuring in '10-'11, and improving financials since.

Not a bad thing at all (and which makes me thing the economy is indeed slowly improving - but still really slowly for now). As early as the medium term, we may witness an increasing level of national resilience (to external factors).

They claim they are but every reduction in the deficit means the national debt continues to deepen.You cannot differentiate between personal economics and aggregated behaviour,a complex issue that even Mr Osborne cannot grasp.Read the term "paradox of thrift"identified by JMKeynes.

A number of the initiatives proposed by Osborne are designed to increase social mobility. For instance assistance with mortgages, assistance with small businesses and business startups.

For this reason I cannot take seriously the assertions that the tories seek to advance the interests of the rich to the disadvantage of the poor. Where is the evidence of this?

Archived