Budget 2013. Your hope and fears

Seems like a pretty good budget, nearly doubling the amount people can earn before they are taxed within the course of a parliament is very impressive. Rather suggests that all the stuff about the government not caring about low earners is a load of hot air from supporters of the last lot.

Or..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/8204623/Financial-services-sector-pays-most-tax-to-UK-Government.html

Financial services sector pays most tax to UK Government

The financial services industry regained its place as the largest individual contributor to Government finances in the latest financial year, according to figures from the City of London Corporation.

Taxes paid by financial services companies were worth £53.4bn in the 12 months to March, according to a City of London report produced by PricewaterhouseCoopers.

While total tax revenues from the industry were down by £8bn on the previous year, the financial firms regained their position as the largest contributor to the Exchequer, comprising 11.2pc of the total UK tax take.

When you include VAT and income taxes paid by those working in the UKs financial services you probably get a net contribution of around £80/100 billion.

Well, the Tax on Tobacco dosnt bother me as i buy my Bacca knock off but the 26p increase on 20 cigs will just lead to even more people buying smuggled cigarettes at less than half the retail price. the penny off a pint of Ale is a joke , but not the usual increase . The scrapping of the fuel duty rise dosnt go far enough, there should have been a decrease in fuel duty .

Archived