Budget 2013. Your hope and fears

Well it turned out to be far worse than I thought. That fool Osborne is trying to start a new housing bubble. This shows that his priorities are clearly [a] votes rather than reducing debt and government spending. (I guess I shouldn't be that surprised.)

Yep, not impressed either. I'm sick of this obsession with "you must own a house".

Yes, it is hard to save up the cash, but if you can't afford it you don't buy it.

I can't realistically afford to run a supercar. The incentive is for me to get a better job so I eventually can, or get something more within my means. I don't want Bugatti doing interest free loans.

---------- Post added 21-03-2013 at 15:15 ----------

Does anyone seriously believe this?

Labour says a Budget initiative designed to help homebuyers obtain mortgages amounts to a "spare homes subsidy" for the better-off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21881007

Yep, not impressed either. I'm sick of this obsession with "you must own a house".

Yes, it is hard to save up the cash, but if you can't afford it you don't buy it.

I can't realistically afford to run a supercar. The incentive is for me to get a better job so I eventually can, or get something more within my means. I don't want Bugatti doing interest free loans.

Labour says a Budget initiative designed to help homebuyers obtain mortgages amounts to a "spare homes subsidy" for the better-off.

I agree that the idea of owning your own home is over hyped - it's been sold as some sort of panacea. God knows why MPs are so desperate for people to be further indebtted: perhaps they're only responding to what they think people want to hear?

I agree with the idea of "if you can't afford it don't buy it" (which is exactly why I rent), but without a mortgage most people wouldn't be able to afford to buy

It really is worrying when,in times like these,the opposition can't do any better than that..would that be th Ed Balls that was hanging around Gordon Brown when it all went pear shaped..? Economic Secretary to the Treasury wasn't it..?

Is that with or without the QE money we gave them?

And of course they pay the most (if you exclude QE), they're the only sector that was protected from the effects of the economic nightmare they caused.

---------- Post added 20-03-2013 at 21:13 ----------

Here's the real story of the Budget.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/fraser-nelson/2013/03/budget-2013-some-scary-graphs/

The contribution the financial sector is nothing to do with money that they were given. It is the tax that they pay this and every year. And since WW2 they have contributed more to the UK economy than any other sector.

You are right. It is the worst ever recovery. It just shows how deep Brown & Darling dumped us in the merde that it is taking this long to dig us back out.

£1 trillion of dept and a budget deficit of £175 billion a year is a great way for Labour to hand over the reigns of government and then spend the next 3 years complaining how long it is taking for the fire brigade to put out the fires they started.

It really is worrying when,in times like these,the opposition can't do any better than that..would that be th Ed Balls that was hanging around Gordon Brown when it all went pear shaped..? Economic Secretary to the Treasury wasn't it..?

Was David Cameron around John Major and Norman Lanont when the economy went into recession in the early 1990s?

Was David Cameron around John Major and Norman Lanont when the economy went into recession in the early 1990s?

What does that have to do with Ed Balls' inability to put up a strong opposition to Osbourne's Budget ..this is why nothing changes..people are too entrenched in party politics..rather than see my post as a criticism of Labour why not see it as a criticism of poor opposition..? It'd be the same no matter which colour was in power..they'd all do it..

What does that have to do with Ed Balls' inability to put up a strong opposition to Osbourne's Budget ..this is why nothing changes..people are too entrenched in party politics..rather than see my post as a criticism of Labour why not see it as a criticism of poor opposition..? It'd be the same no matter which colour was in power..they'd all do it..

Nail on the head, but this site mostly seems like a Labour Mouthpiece, nothing they Sonia wrong and everything any other party does is.

Okay then if you're that concerned about the quality of opposition, you offer a critique.

I was responding to the apparent consensus in few posts previous that the Tories could do no wrong, and how disgusting it was of Labour to to point out a flaw in the budget proposals.

Okay then if you're that concerned about the quality of opposition, you offer a critique.

I.

Not my job to critque but all the opposition seem to be able to do is give out soundbites..millionaire's charter etcetc..as though there are no rich people in the Labour party..

Do you reckon "yah boo sucks" politics is good for the country then.? When you listen/watch PMQs doesn't it bother you that those people are in charge..? Both sides?

Archived