Budget 2013. Your hope and fears

Not my job to critque but all the opposition seem to be able to do is give out soundbites..millionaire's charter etcetc..as though there are no rich people in the Labour party..

Do you reckon "yah boo sucks" politics is good for the country then.? When you listen/watch PMQs doesn't it bother you that those people are in charge..? Both sides?

i think we get the politics and politicians we deserve

aren't they just a reflection of society as a whole these days?

as i look around and see arrogance, aggression, selfishness, pettiness and apathy in increasing amounts, i do sometimes wonder where it all went wrong and where it is going to end up

i don't hold politicians wholly responsible for the way we are as a society, but i do think all politicians of all political persuasions over the last 40 years or so must take some responsibility

i'm just glad i'm not young anymore and don't have any kids

(it's being so cheerful that keeps me going)

i think we get the politics and politicians we deserve

aren't they just a reflection of society as a whole these days?

as i look around and see arrogance, aggression, selfishness, pettiness and apathy in increasing amounts, i do sometimes wonder where it all went wrong and where it is going to end up

i don't hold politicians wholly responsible for the way we are as a society, but i do think all politicians of all political persuasions over the last 40 years or so must take some responsibility

i'm just glad i'm not young anymore and don't have any kids

(it's being so cheerful that keeps me going)

I agree with a lot of your post..I do blame politicians to some extent because of their pandering to the lowest common denominator..no-one seems to listen to anyone else's argument and come up with an alternative..it's always a case of Blue=Bad and Red=Good..or vice versa..

I love how people moan when stuff goes up a penny.

Yet when it goes down (like beer) they moan that its too insignificant to make a difference!

To be fair most people probably go through more petrol than they do beer but your point is well made.

Archived