Reenactment - Anyone do it?

I used to be part of a medieval war and life reenacting group, but I sort of cheated, cos I'm way too tall to be a 'lady' so I fought as a man and wore armour and chainmail.

Haven't done it in over 20 years though.

I regularly reenact the events of Romeo and Juliet at my place. If any beautiful females want to attend one of my reenactments, check it out below.

Ok, we are two young star crossed lovers whose relationship has been thwarted by outside forces.. our feuding families.

I am Romeo, son of Montague

You are Juliet, daughter of Capulet

We meet at a ball where I'm supposed to be in love with Rosaline but after meeting you, I am lost in wanton abandon.

Your love for me is so great that it gives you the strength and courage to defy your parents to be with me.

Now to cut a long story short, we make out at my place but as soon as we're done you must quickly go and never return in order to be in keeping with the reenactment.

So if this sounds like fun to you, hit me up yea.

If we really must I can go outside and do the whole sonnet BS but I'd rather not if possible as my neighbours are getting sick of hearing it.

I frequently re-enact my schooldays but its still cool to do this daily.

What's happening here? ... I always thought you spell 're-enact' with a hyphen, but spellcheck allows 'reenact'. Out of interest, just looked in Collins and it is indeed 're-enact'. No mention of 'reenact' (which doesn't look right to me anyway). :huh:

Archived