Stay-at-home mums should go to work!

I've no problem with stay at home mums, it depends on who is going to pay for it.

I'm all for mums staying at home , as long as the tax payer isn't funding it .

If they can't afford to stay at home without taxpayers cash funding their Jeremy Kyle viewing then the answer is simple ,don't have kids you can't afford and get to bloody work . :)

If we care about children, and don't want them to suffer; perhaps we should be more responsible and if we don't have the means to support them, do not bring them in to the world.

Maybe we should split the country in to two. People who think it's okay to be reckless and irresponsible and expect other people to foot their bill, in one camp. Everyone else in the other camp. Separate finances etc...

I know which camp I'd be in.

If we care about children, and don't want them to suffer; perhaps we should be more responsible and if we don't have the means to support them, do not bring them in to the world.

Maybe we should split the country in to two. People who think it's okay to be reckless and irresponsible and expect other people to foot their bill, in one camp. Everyone else in the other camp. Separate finances etc...

I know which camp I'd be in.

Would these be the reckless and irresponsible people avoiding tax, exploiting workers and putting profit before safety?

Would these be the reckless and irresponsible people avoiding tax, exploiting workers and putting profit before safety?

Or would they be getting laid every night , doing nothing all day and signing a peice of paper every fortnight for some free money :)

No, these would be the reckless people who bring children in to the world, because they know hard working tax payers (who are responsible and don't have kids of their own, because they can't afford them) will pay for their kids.

The cost of housing pushed both parents into work, buying a house on one income become impossible for many.

Exactly.

Average house price 1996: £62,000 [LINK]

Average house price 2007: £179,000 [LINK]

‘I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the recovery.’

Gordon Brown 1997

LINK

What's worse, that corpulent fraud tried to push shared equity as a "solution" to high house prices:

PricedOut, the affordable housing campaign, notes with disappointment Gordon Brown's announcement that he plans to expand shared equity schemes for would-be first time buyers in the near future. With houses now unaffordable in 75% of the UK, and the average house price standing at over six times the average salary, Gordon Brown has failed to acknowledge the underlying causes of extortionate house prices, prices he pledged to keep under control when he became chancellor in 1997 (see http://www.bbc.co.uk/politics97/budget97/live/housing.shtml). This move effectively represents the Government's half-price ticket to negative equity for would-be first time buyers.

LINK

What an unutterably dangerous cretin.

High Treason

A person convicted of treason is liable to imprisonment for life or for any shorter term.

LINK

Too good for him I say.

Our daughter is nearly 5 months old, my maternity leave runs out in may. I can't afford to go back to work as we can't afford childcare and the government have decided that OH earns too much money for us to qualify for any assistance. Besides, I didn't have my little miracle in order to shut her away in a nursery with someone else seeing her milestones and teaching her to speak. My job (full time, no holidays, no sick pay, 24/7) is mummy and it's the most important thing I will ever do so we will struggle, but we will get by and we will have a happy, well adjusted daughter to show for it all.

Archived