Personal space invasion .. are there rules?

I knew I'd read something about rules governing personal space.....It's explained here Alcoblog:

http://etiquette.about.com/od/Manners/a/Etiquette-Rules-What-Is-Personal-Space.htm

Oooh yeah ... that's interesting. I presumed someone would've done some kind of study on personal space, otherwise we wouldn't call it 'personal space'.

Ta Mr. M. :)

Oooh yeah ... that's interesting. I presumed someone would've done some kind of study on personal space, otherwise we wouldn't call it 'personal space'.

Ta Mr. M. :)

There are other options. Kick his trolley away and tell him to bugger off (bit mean). My favourite, certainly if you are both sat down, swing your leg over him and sit on his lap, erm, cowboy style. Don't say a word either. Just look at him.

Problem with old folk, the standard coughing and/or farting that would guarantee space with the young and the hip will just launch a conversation about your, or worse his, ailments. You have illustrated, superbly, why I don't use public transport.

More posts with diagrams please Alcoblog.

Tricky at the mo ... got a burn on my middle finger and finding it hard to hold a pen properly. I do enjoy doing my little drawings though. There'll be more! :)

Archived