What 'stuff' do you do?

Telly is full of 'stuff' you could get involved in yourself at the moment, and I was just musing how we've spent about... 30? years thinking shopping was the only valid recreational activity we could indulge in

Tv is currently trying to inspire us into sport, ice skating, dancing, singing, baking...

So what 'stuff' do you do, and what have you recently been inspired to do?

Never watched much telly, not even as a kid.

Much rather be outdoors doing something physical.

Living here I enjoy getting out into the Peak District more than anything. Love running over the moors - taking in a few fells. Enjoy my cycling too and anything that will help fight off the years and keep my healthy.

Never watched much telly, not even as a kid.

Much rather be outdoors doing something physical.

Living here I enjoy getting out into the Peak District more than anything. Love running over the moors - taking in a few fells. Enjoy my cycling too and anything that will help fight off the years and keep my healthy.

Good on you Derby, I wish I still could; used to love me golf, back on topic TV is now too full of crap, useless nondescript talent shows and the like.

Good on you Derby, I wish I still could; used to love me golf, back on topic TV is now too full of crap, useless nondescript talent shows and the like.

hmm, nope, that wasn't 'back on topic' :huh:

What stuff do you do (besides grumbling on the internet)?

hmm, nope, that wasn't 'back on topic' :huh:

What stuff do you do (besides grumbling on the internet)?

Strix don't grumble really life's too short, unfortunately I'm not in a position due to my health not to do stuff, though I do accept that as you say TV does sometimes give people "challenges".

I just put that I thought TV on the whole was pap, but yes it does inspire some, sadly not me due to health as I say.

If I could do things, climbing would be one that looks the DB's on TV, or potholing and visiting caves.

I met a builder once who had broken his leg, and whiled his time away cross stitching steam trains. There's an active writing group on here, and cooking is assisted by many gadgets these days. You don't do ANYTHING beyond posting here?

Hmmm, bit of gardening (I have a lovely herb garden), I'm in a writing club, love cooking with the kids.

Don't have my horse anymore but trying to borrow one, I ride a motorbike and take lots of photos while I'm out and about.

Oh, and I make jewellery. Not sure where I find the time...

Archived