Hillsborough coffee shop

susiepoosie

Hillsborough is fab apart from one weeny little thing, there are no lovely coffee shops to chill out in and enjoy the papers on a sunday (or any other day for that matter). Wouldn't it be great if we could have a Fob or Moco type coffee shop!! Any cafe owners out there listen up cos you'd make a bomb. :hihi::hihi: What do other Hillsborough residents think?

I thought one of the boraded-up premises on the actual corner was destined to be a coffee shop? Looks like it didn't happen. Perhaps someone will see the demand and buy it up....

Or shall we stick with the caff in the precinct?

What I want in Hillsborough is a cafe that doesn't mind if you just nip in for the loo without you feeling obliged to get a drink and consequently needing the loo again.

Since they closed the ones on the corner near the Deep End (where Mr Tse's is now) there's only the grotty loos in the Co Op now which is a bit crap, especially when you're bursting for a pee as I often am after a quick sojournt round Hillsborough.

It's not the private businessman's role to provide public conveniences. However, I think the KFC, McDonald's, Morrisons and possibly even B+Q have loos you can get away with nipping in and out of. And there's the 10p "cabbies favourite" loo on Holme Lane.

The old pub on the corner that used to house Oxfam and the like has been bought by a company, they have had planning for ages (I think) but seem not to want to do anything with it. I asked the planning officer about it but she says they can't force them to do anything for ages. :rolleyes:

Think that's such a shame as it's a real eyesore and it's one of the first things you see as you come into Hillsborough, not a great advertisment! If I had the cash I'd buy one of the vacant corner buildings and have a fab coffee cum book shop with huge comfy sofas but alas I am just a poor wee gal :(

Archived