Hillsborough coffee shop

susiepoosie

Think that's such a shame as it's a real eyesore and it's one of the first things you see as you come into Hillsborough, not a great advertisment! If I had the cash I'd buy one of the vacant corner buildings and have a fab coffee cum book shop with huge comfy sofas but alas I am just a poor wee gal :(

We were poor when we opened our first catering business but if you have a vision you can do it. I think it is a good opportunity by the way.

If I had the cash I'd buy one of the vacant corner buildings and have a fab coffee cum book shop with huge comfy sofas but alas I am just a poor wee gal :(

But.. you do have ambition and a great idea ;)

Anything is possible you just have to find the solution

It's not the private businessman's role to provide public conveniences. However, I think the KFC, McDonald's, Morrisons and possibly even B+Q have loos you can get away with nipping in and out of. And there's the 10p "cabbies favourite" loo on Holme Lane.

I suffer from mobility difficulties so that 10p cubicle on the end of Taplin Rd is no use to me, as I find the door too heavy to open to get in and out of it.

As for Morrisson's and B & Q, who in the hell wants to walk all the way up there for a wee?! And you have to go past the tills in McDonalds and KFC to get to the toilets, so you end up feeling obliged to buy something.

I suffer from mobility difficulties so that 10p cubicle on the end of Taplin Rd is no use to me, as I find the door too heavy to open to get in and out of it.

As for Morrisson's and B & Q, who in the hell wants to walk all the way up there for a wee?! And you have to go past the tills in McDonalds and KFC to get to the toilets, so you end up feeling obliged to buy something.

There are WCs inside the bus/tram interchange shop. Not sure about mobility access but I would guess pretty good.

Yes, let's have a quality 'destination' coffee shop. Jalucy isn't quite right so people go elsewhere for that kind of thing. Hillsborough corner really needs something nice to kick it all off - coffee shop/bookshop would be great. I think we had a thread saying this about a year ago. But the city centre's only just getting this kind of thing now. So come on entrepreneurs - get cracking in S6.

I've been toying with the idea for a while of looking into opening a coffee/internet cafe in Hillsborough area.

Do people feel there is a niche for this market?

Yes, I'd use it. There is so much potential in Hillsborough - money being spent on houses in the area, so obviously money about, but apart from a couple of ok shops - people tram in to town to spend! Nice home made cakes and muffins too please, and some decent papers to browse through!

Archived