Hillsborough coffee shop

susiepoosie

I thought one of the boraded-up premises on the actual corner was destined to be a coffee shop? Looks like it didn't happen. Perhaps someone will see the demand and buy it up....

Or shall we stick with the caff in the precinct?

This was an interesting thread about the plans for it - maybe a little outdated but I'm not so sure any plans have changed since then...

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45281&highlight=hillsborough+corner

• 3 weeks later...
Never been in Carmine - it always looks too empty (not just empty of customers). Could do with some artwork, nice big bookcases, etc!

There's usually a little in the way of artwork on the walls, the usual kind of viciously expensive stuff by a local artist that looks a bit naff.

They need more sofas and a bit of atmosphere in there...and bookcases wouldn't go amiss either, the place is so spartan.

• 1 year later...

What do people think about Jalucy now it's bedded in then?

I think it's pretty good. Still nowhere else to get a proper coffee in Hillsbro. People keep moaning about the area but this is a good addition that seems to be doing OK. Well done them.

What time's it open in the mornings - does it get the commuters getting the tram into town and Meadowhall?

Jalucy's- there's no ambience and the service is slow- seemed more like a place for a quick coffee while you wait for a bus than somewhere to meet friends and relax.

I've always dreamed of owning a coffee/book shop down Hillsborough- so who's up for pooling resources?

Archived