Remember W.E Franklins

I worked here in the late 80's for 6 months and loved it. They were on Onslow road, Ecclesall. I worked in the carpet cleaning section. The drying rooms upstairs were lovely and warm in the winter. There were a great bunch of people to work with

I worked here in the late 80's for 6 months and loved it. They were on Onslow road, Ecclesall. I worked in the carpet cleaning section. The drying rooms upstairs were lovely and warm in the winter. There were a great bunch of people to work with

Hi spudgun and everyone. I the early 70's I was a sales representative for Kent Panda, a subsidiary of Izal who had premises on the old Newton Chambers steel works site at Chapletown.

I sold floor cleaning machinery to industry along with hospital and education authorities. If I remember correctly, the Franklins were two brothers. Didn't manage a sale, but remember a good old fashioned and polite style of negotiation.

Regards, Peter.

Hi spudgun and everyone. I the early 70's I was a sales representative for Kent Panda, a subsidiary of Izal who had premises on the old Newton Chambers steel works site at Chapletown.

I sold floor cleaning machinery to industry along with hospital and education authorities. If I remember correctly, the Franklins were two brothers. Didn't manage a sale, but remember a good old fashioned and polite style of negotiation.

Regards, Peter.

Im not sure if there were 2 or 3 brothers but yes, it did come across as a very old fashioned company and great to work for

Im not sure if there were 2 or 3 brothers but yes, it did come across as a very old fashioned company and great to work for

There were 3 brothers as I said in another thread Mr David, (the Davar method of cleaning was his baby & named after him). The was Mr William (brilliant bloke) & Mr Ron, then Mr Michael came for the Liverpool branch (son).

They were old fashioned & straight laced, and insisted on the Mr before you used their christian names. I remember one Christmas they made about 6 redundant Xmas Eve, and were given a crate of scotch, being teetotal instead of giving it to workers they poured the lot down the sink.

But still a great place to work, I know some real stories from my time.

I remember we had a sleep in our dinner hour as we started early at 7am. I decided to sleep on a pile of carpets. I woke up to find I'd been bitten by whatever was living in the carpet. So that's why it had been sent for cleaning !!!!

I know Mr Michael well. I can't wait to tell him that he is teetotal!

I didn't say Michael I said the other 3 who were strict teetotal, Michael was the good laugh one had a right sense of humour on him that lad. As I said he was in charge of Liverpool but ended up back in Sheffield, as it got into difficulties.

• 1 month later...