Suitable funeral directors for muslim funeral?

Has some got any advice for us please on funeral directors who have experience with muslim funerals and charge as little as possible.

We are trying to support a friend of ours whose husband has died very suddenly and would be grateful for some advice.

I have looked through some posts here on SF already and found some information referring to funerals in general and advice on shopping around, which we will do tomorrow. In the meantime, if you can think of something that can help us please post a reply or pm me.

Please respect that this is a distressing situation and be so kind not to post any inappropriate replies.

Thank you

Contact Muslim Welfare House, Shefffield, which is based on Severn Rd, near the Jessop Wing in broomhill. They will no doubt have details of local funeral directors who can carry out the necessary details.

I know Madina mosque on Wolseley road.have a special room where the deceased are taken to be washed and shrouded before the janazah (Funerary) prayer.

Thanks plain talker

We have made contact with the Muslim Welfare House and got some information and support. In terms of there being no funds for the funeral we are still looking to find the least costly option. It seems like prices differ a lot, both for the cost of funeral directors and the plot.

Any more suggestions - advice would be much appreciated

Archived