Remember these Songs ?

Anyone remember Mungo Jerry and In The Summer Time ?

Use to be one of my favorites in the 70's and still gets my feet tapping when it comes on the radio.

Can you also remember their other hits: Baby Jump, Mighty Man ?

There was also another band with a hit in the 70's which I use to like and which sounded a little like Mungo Jerry style..........The Mixtures .......Pushbike Song - remember this ?

Moving towards the end of the 70's, another song impressed me - an instrumental by Pete Green and Fleetwood Mac........Albatross.

You can date me very specifically if you know that Mungo Jerry was at number 1 when I was born.

My parents did us both a box of things that were happening around the time we were born, including a copy of the number 1 single, a couple of newspapers and lots of baby stuff. My sister was even luckier, she was born when 'Where do you go to my lovely?' by Peter Sarstedt was number 1 :)

The very first song that I consciously recall was ''Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep'' by Middle of the Road. I think I was three or four years old.

I also recall 'In the summertime' by Mungo Jerry, but 'Chirpy' holds the place in my heart because it's the first pop song I remember.

Anyone remember Mungo Jerry and In The Summer Time ?

Use to be one of my favorites in the 70's and still gets my feet tapping when it comes on the radio.

Can you also remember their other hits: Baby Jump, Mighty Man ?

There was also another band with a hit in the 70's which I use to like and which sounded a little like Mungo Jerry style..........The Mixtures .......Pushbike Song - remember this ?

Moving towards the end of the 70's, another song impressed me - an instrumental by Pete Green and Fleetwood Mac........Albatross.

I remember 'In the Summertime' very well, I'd been suppin' pints for a couple of years before it came out and I used to sing along to the jukebox in the Traveller's Rest. When I got to the line 'You got women, you got women on your mind' I got a thump in the guts from my girlfriend.

Archived