Remember these Songs ?

one of the mungo jerrys lived at thorpe hesley,i remember all those songs like yesterday great times i was working on west st then.

In the Summertime was out the week after I got married and the number 1 when I married (6th. June) was Yellow River by Christie.

Unfortunately, the Mungo Jerry song, "In the summertime" isn't played too much these days, because it's not very PC. Due to the line which goes "have a drink, have a drive, ..... "

The very first vinyl single I bought was (now don't laugh)...Boom-Bang-A-Bang...by Lulu!..Mainly because I fancied her. :blush:

Unfortunately, the Mungo Jerry song, "In the summertime" isn't played too much these days, because it's not very PC. Due to the line which goes "have a drink, have a drive, ..... "

The very first vinyl single I bought was (now don't laugh)...Boom-Bang-A-Bang...by Lulu!..Mainly because I fancied her. :blush:

The first vinyl single I bought was in December 1960 "Poetry in Motion" by Johnny Tillotson, I think it became No.1 in January 1961.

At the same time I bought "Save the Last Dance for Me" by the Drifters, I played them both to death on my joint Christmas present with my brother, our Dansette record player (grey and red).

The first vinyl single I bought was in December 1960 "Poetry in Motion" by Johnny Tillotson, I think it became No.1 in January 1961.

At the same time I bought "Save the Last Dance for Me" by the Drifters, I played them both to death on my joint Christmas present with my brother, our Dansette record player (grey and red).

Would have been a hell of a lot more poetic, if you'd bought that first one in "Late December, back in 63"...hahaha

Would have been a hell of a lot more poetic, if you'd bought that first one in "Late December, back in 63"...hahaha

You can laugh, when my father heard "Poetry in Motion" he played hell because I played it continually and loud too, he thought it was somebody singing "abaht a bl***y tree".

The very first song that I consciously recall was ''Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep'' by Middle of the Road. I think I was three or four years old.

I also recall 'In the summertime' by Mungo Jerry, but 'Chirpy' holds the place in my heart because it's the first pop song I remember.

I know you were only 4 Halibut, but the blonde in Middle of the Road was gorgeous, long blonde hair & boots:):) Edit & it kept Coco from no1 by Sweet

---------- Post added 21-03-2013 at 10:25 ----------

Yes Pete just shows what a stupid world we live in, the 1st 45 I bought with my own money was Little Willy by Sweet (no puns please).

I was 13 in 1972 and just loved the song.

I know you were only 4 Halibut, but the blonde in Middle of the Road was gorgeous, long blonde hair & boots:):)

I think parents' music must have an influence on their young kids.

Our sons find that they know the lyrics to most ELO songs (how embarrassing) because my OH played these when the kids were young!

So no-one remembers Baby Jump then by Mungo Jerry ?

First verse started off:

' She wears those micro mini's, hair hanging down her back

' She wears a see through sweater,she like's to wear her stockings black'.

' And if I see her tonight.......I'll attack.

Chorus:-

' I said baby baby baby what ya doin to me '

'Baby baby baby........ what ya doin to me '

'Baby baby, baby jump into my dream.

Archived