Remember these Songs ?

So no-one remembers Baby Jump then by Mungo Jerry ?

First verse started off:

' She wears those micro mini's, hair hanging down her back

' She wears a see through sweater,she like's to wear her stockings black'.

' And if I see her tonight.......I'll attack.

Chorus:-

' I said baby baby baby what ya doin to me '

'Baby baby baby........ what ya doin to me '

'Baby baby, baby jump into my dream.

In a word John NO! If you look at the Youtube video of it I can't help thinking of Planet of the Apes or summat!

So no-one remembers Baby Jump then by Mungo Jerry ?

First verse started off:

' She wears those micro mini's, hair hanging down her back

' She wears a see through sweater,she like's to wear her stockings black'.

' And if I see her tonight.......I'll attack.

Chorus:-

' I said baby baby baby what ya doin to me '

'Baby baby baby........ what ya doin to me '

'Baby baby, baby jump into my dream.

Yep, I remember it well. I liked it far more than the 'in the summer time'...

Here it is on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR2EcetnorQ

loving the the song thing........ I remember all the ones mentioned does anyone remember

Something here in my heart by the paper dolls

That same old feeling by Pickety Witch

Band of gold by Freda Payne

Terry by Twinkle

White horses by Jackie

Honey by Bobby Goldsbro

Young girl by Garry Pucket & the union gap

I could go on forever

loving the the song thing........ I remember all the ones mentioned does anyone remember

Something here in my heart by the paper dolls

That same old feeling by Pickety Witch

Band of gold by Freda Payne

Terry by Twinkle

White horses by Jackie

Honey by Bobby Goldsbro

Young girl by Garry Pucket & the union gap

I could go on forever

Young Girl was one of my favourites, somehow we never seemed to think about the lyrics then, well I didn't, still like it.

Surprising what comes to mind when you start thinking about old songs you use to listen to , like and freak out to in the 60' and 70's.

I'll bet very few of you remember these being in the charts and on top of the pops:

Fire.....crazy world of Arther Brown.

Devils Gun.........by Gunn

Sabre Dance........can't remember the name of the band who did this one but can see them in my minds eye.

Natural Born Woman.........Humble Pie

I think parents' music must have an influence on their young kids.

Our sons find that they know the lyrics to most ELO songs (how embarrassing) because my OH played these when the kids were young!

And I grew up knowing every word to a number of Led Zep albums (which belonged to my dad) along with Simon and Garfunkel, Fox, Roger Daltrey, Chuck Berry, The Walker Brothers, The Doobie Brothers, Nat King Cole, Beatles, Deep Purple, T Rex, Jose Feliciano etc etc etc

Mum and dad started taking us to the teatime concerts at the Birmingham City Hall when I was about 2 as well, so we enjoyed a really wide range of music.

Surprising what comes to mind when you start thinking about old songs you use to listen to , like and freak out to in the 60' and 70's.

I'll bet very few of you remember these being in the charts and on top of the pops:

Fire.....crazy world of Arther Brown.

Devils Gun.........by Gunn

Sabre Dance........can't remember the name of the band who did this one but can see them in my minds eye.

Natural Born Woman.........Humble Pie

Fire ....Arthur Brown . ...(Bought that Bugger when it was first released ):hihi:

Race with the Devil ( B side was called Sunshine) ....The Gun ( Guitarist Adrian Curtis later played in 3 Man Army with Paul Curtis and Mike Kelly )..I've still got 'A third of a lifetime ' on vinyl

Sabre Dance ...Love Sculpture ...Guitarist was Dave Edmunds

I saw Humble Pie at Reading in the 70's ( when i were a lad ):hihi:

kept most of my record collection when I got married and this got me scrambling in the loft.

I knew that most of the 78's had either warped or cracked over the years but the 45's are still decent, not that it makes a lot of difference now I don't own a record player.

Most are Elvis, But here's a few others that took me back.

Convoy,CW McCall.

It's only make believe, Conway Twitty.

Well I ask you, Eden Kane.

Short fat fannie, Larry Williams..

78's,

Pat Boone, I'll be home.

Paul Anker, Diana.

Everly Brothers, Bye bye love..

The first record I ever bought with my own money was Johnnie Ray's Walking in the rain..

kept most of my record collection when I got married and this got me scrambling in the loft.

I knew that most of the 78's had either warped or cracked over the years but the 45's are still decent, not that it makes a lot of difference now I don't own a record player.

Most are Elvis, But here's a few others that took me back.

Convoy,CW McCall.

It's only make believe, Conway Twitty.

Well I ask you, Eden Kane.

Short fat fannie, Larry Williams..

78's,

Pat Boone, I'll be home.

Paul Anker, Diana.

Everly Brothers, Bye bye love..

The first record I ever bought with my own money was Johnnie Ray's Walking in the rain..

Well I Ask You- that's a good 'un so is any by Elvis. Everly Brothers Bye Bye Love is a classic.

When my father saw Johnnie Ray on TV he said he looked like "a knock-kneed chuffeead wi an 'earing aid" couldn't understand what women saw in him, I had to agree.

---------- Post added 21-03-2013 at 16:35 ----------

And I grew up knowing every word to a number of Led Zep albums (which belonged to my dad) along with Simon and Garfunkel, Fox, Roger Daltrey, Chuck Berry, The Walker Brothers, The Doobie Brothers, Nat King Cole, Beatles, Deep Purple, T Rex, Jose Feliciano etc etc etc

Mum and dad started taking us to the teatime concerts at the Birmingham City Hall when I was about 2 as well, so we enjoyed a really wide range of music.

Nothing wrong with an eclectic musical knowledge Medusa. I grew up with 50's/60's/70's which I still enjoy but, nowadays I listen mainly to classical music.

Anyone remember Mungo Jerry and In The Summer Time ?

Use to be one of my favorites in the 70's and still gets my feet tapping when it comes on the radio.

Can you also remember their other hits: Baby Jump, Mighty Man ?

There was also another band with a hit in the 70's which I use to like and which sounded a little like Mungo Jerry style..........The Mixtures .......Pushbike Song - remember this ?

Moving towards the end of the 70's, another song impressed me - an instrumental by Pete Green and Fleetwood Mac........Albatross.

Remember Lady Rose

Archived