Advice for a Scouser

Scousefire

I'm a 30 something bloke, and wouldn't set foot in any of the places on your list, yet regularly drink in most of the pubs in the list you rubbished. horses for courses, not everyone wants loud music and crowds of kids who can't hold their beer, some want quality, well kept beer in an atmosphere it's possible to hold a conversation in without shouting

Where did i say they were rubbish- i also drink in those pubs and enjoy the atmosphere and beer as much as the next man.

What i am saying is that the VAST majority of stag do's of 30 year olds WILL want to go to places in my post, im simply playing the percentage game.

Anyway- he has a list of both now so im sure he can make his own decision.

I'm in my mid 40's and these days I like to sit in a real ale pub having a good conversation about sport/politics/work, without loud music or abusive people, so on that basis i'd go with Jonny5's list over scottF's list.

If you fancy doing Ecclesall Road, then I'd suggest you start at the Wetherspoons (Sheaf Island) at the bottom. It's one of the more upmarket Wetherspoons and you'll usually get a decent pint at a good price.

Further up is Champs which is now a sports bar. That will have live sport on and the last time I went a few months ago they sold my favourite real ale.....Jaipur. You've got a few other real ale pubs further up, although there is a lot more choice in the city centre.

Regards

Doom

I`d agree that Eccy Road and Divsion Street are best bets. Although they are quite studenty, there is also a fair mix of older, discering clientele too. And you can usually find a decent pint. The Hop (later on when busy) and The Old House would be my pick for what you want

Many, many thanks for all the replies lads, its geniunely appreciated. I think the majority of us do like a sitdown, decent beer and a good conversation so the real ale places and Ecclesall Road are looking like our winners.

Thanks again gents and if you ever find yourselves in Liverpool then give me a shout and I'll point you in the right direction.

Archived