Anyone on here go to Ecclesfield Comprehensive School?

beamer

i left ecco in '75.daz smith(french) was a great bloke. he once took myself and zepstox to preston to watch wednesday play,stopping at belle vue on the way. i had mr.mason for spanish,hedley knibbs for geography(again,both good blokes).josh king was a good teacher but what a temper! mr.kinsey(physics) was a little b*****d. was the little blonde bombshell games teacher called miss amery? i had a teacher for commerce i think was called o'neill. he was a bit of a rebel. for a while i had an english teacher called peter wood. he left in mysterious circumstances,went on to be a bus driver and later a councillor.billy buck was my form and maths teacher in my 1st year. oggy jennett was a scary man.another nice bloke was my biology teacher but i can't recall his name.i remember the mrs.heaton incident,calling the girls slags. i can't say they were happy times and i was glad to leave.

billy buck was my form and maths teacher in my 1st year. oggy jennett was a scary man.another nice bloke was my biology teacher but i can't recall his name.i remember the mrs.heaton incident,calling the girls slags. i can't say they were happy times and i was glad to leave.

can't believe Billy Buck , and oggy were still there in the seventies !! old billy must have been on a zimmer frame . (but perhaps by then he had learnt enough maths to teach first formers .... he certainly couldn't teach us in 1958!!) best maths teacher then was Gabby Hayes , he could be a Bas***d but certainly knew his maths , and had a passion for it , he had been a code breaker apparently during the war at Bletchley Park enigma project top secret stuff at the time so we only found out about him much later ..:wow:

I remember all the teachers you mention charliewag and Miss Amery ! She was a cow when we had her for games :hihi:Remember when we went swimming and we had about two seconds to get dried and dressed :hihi:She used to say if you're not ready we'll leave you ! My Mum told me to ''tell her to leave me then and then come home'' Nice one, never did though :D

Loved Peter Wood for English and I also seem to remember him going to be a bus driver. Was Mr O Neil a Noel Edmonds look alike?

Great to remember all this stuff, not so great at the time though hey?

• 2 months later...
NO not behind lady mabel. In my day the jungle was down by the grass tennis courts , not there now though

can you still get under the stage in Lady Mabel hall ? we used to go there when nicking off lessons like Latin etc. we also used to get in the boiler room down the back steps , or into the roof space by climbing the ladder by the side of the stage there's a good walkway up there right to the back of the hall .:rolleyes:

Nahh you get cant get into lady mabel now withouut getting caught, havent seen this headspace up the ladder your talking about, but im in a production so ill see if i can sneak around and find it

People still smoke round the back though :)

went there from 1976 to 1981, form teacher for first 3 years was mr senior, top bloke, used to be mates with craig stenton, now sadly passed away. great kid if anyone remembers him. also saw someone mention mrs quine, arts teacher who passed away last month. a real character.