Anyone on here go to Ecclesfield Comprehensive School?

beamer

apparently when mr jennet started at ecclesfield no one knew his first name, but at that time ( early/mid 60,s ) some car number plates had 3 letters and 3 numbers, and the letters on his car were.....yes, you guessed it..O.G.Y and some pupils spotted this and the nickname oggy jennet was born. i heard this from a former pupil who was there when oggy started. I remember the name mr yates but i dont recall having been taught (sp) by him. my favourite teachers were danny williams & josh king.

Edited by sycamore66j

I think I remember reading that before about the number plates ! anyway it suited him :hihi:

Mr Yates was, I think some kind of deputy head when I was there,I left in 1976 :gag:and I just always think of him in the same time as Mr Jennet for some reason. I always see them in my mind stood near the dinner queue just waiting to pounce on you if you did anything wrong. I remember once Oggy Jennet pulling me out of the queue and saying to me '' Would you come to school tomorrow not looking as though you've just stepped off the back of a motorbike :hihi:Love it :hihi:

your new deputy sounds like the one we used to have. somehow he seemed to be everywhere at once. an absolutely horrible little man. most of the other teachers didnt even like him.

Ooh whats his name?

ours is Mrs.Raynor )_: Help us all

Btw whats the best pranks you played on him, im taking notes o_o.

my favourite teachers were danny williams & josh king.

my form teacher was danny williams and maths teacher too, josh King, what a character, heard he was killed in a motorbike accident :(

mr jennet, how strict was he, he was the only teacher that when he was teaching us you could here a pin drop in the room, no one dare breath :hihi:

and ours one of the unruliest classes in the school too:o

could do with more like him these days :roll:

apparently when mr jennet started at ecclesfield no one knew his first name, but at that time ( early/mid 60,s ) some car number plates had 3 letters and 3 numbers, and the letters on his car were.....yes, you guessed it..O.G.Y and some pupils spotted this and the nickname oggy jennet was born. i heard this from a former pupil who was there when oggy started. I remember the name mr yates but i dont recall having been taught (sp) by him. my favourite teachers were danny williams & josh king.

yeah thats right we christened him ogy! mr yates , we nicknamed Roudy Yates ( from Rawhide on the telly!)you young 'uns won't remember that .one I never found out about was RIMP ( Mr Clay the deputy head ) Gimma was deputy girls head (Gimma est une VACHE!!)

The ladder up top in Lady mabel is on the left of the stage , looking out .

I don't but maybe someone on here does. He looked a nasty man didn't he, very scowly face and coudn't imagaine hin smiling. Do you remember Mr Yates ?

I remembered the name, yates, but not the face, so i looked on the old school website and theres a group photo of all the teachers who were there in 1976. mr yates is sat in the front row. It looks like the photo was taken on the stage in the lady mabel hall. btw does anyone remember oggy jennets female counter part.....mrs staines!! she took us for maths in 1st & 2nd year and music in 3rd year. rumour has it she was turned down for the part of the wicked witch in the wizzard of oz because she was too scary:hihi:

hi sycamore66j ive been talking to guzziowl face to face and he told me you remember me its hockey, how are you its a long time but i remember you i will talk later got to go to his house to drop of a pic of us both seeing as you might meet when he visits hear from u soon

im going to read all the threads