Anyone on here go to Ecclesfield Comprehensive School?

beamer

hi sycamore66j ive been talking to guzziowl face to face and he told me you remember me its hockey, how are you its a long time but i remember you i will talk later got to go to his house to drop of a pic of us both seeing as you might meet when he visits hear from u soon

im going to read all the threads

Hey up Hockey, you'll remember me as Boggy. Last time I saw you was at Ecco pond I think....donkey's years ago.

can you still get under the stage in Lady Mabel hall ? we used to go there when nicking off lessons like Latin etc. we also used to get in the boiler room down the back steps , or into the roof space by climbing the ladder by the side of the stage there's a good walkway up there right to the back of the hall .:rolleyes:

I used to do the stage lighting in the Lady Mabel Hall when it was all old reostat dimmers on the platform up high on stage left accessable via the steel ladder or the steep wooden steps. We used to go in the roofspace on the wooden walkways to rig lights through holes in the ceiling. We were only 14- 15 at the time. I wouldn't let any 14-15 year old go up there today!

I remember Richard Kirk falling off that steel ladder from half way up and breaking his arm in about 1980.

Oh... and it was me who wrote do not use ( and the date in 1979 ) on the back of the stage door, after somone had managed to pull if off one of its hinges. It was still there the last time i looked, a couple of years ago.

The basement could be accessed via a trapdoor and ladder in the floor, stage left, but there was nothing down there and it was very deep and dangerous so don't try it!

I used to do stage management back in 1962/3 we did diary of anne frank , and i rigged runing water onto the stage using the gardeners hosepipe , and syphon it from the head tank up in the roof . when I went to see the effect through the spotlight holes I stepped back without thinking for a better view and put my foot through the ceiling causing one of the tiles to float down onto the diners below , it was lunch time in the hall below . we quickly scooped up the tile and put it back in the hole but could only fit it from the top so it was always visible from below (I wonder if it was ever replaced properly?

on the last night we rigged the flat door so that it fell off it's hinges when the "germans" kicked it in .

down under the stage was a big bank of lead/acid accumulators or the emergency lighting and lots of old scenery where we used to hold impromptu parties etc.

Edited by disleydog

• 4 weeks later...

mrs staines was our maths teacher and she had some sort of cyst on her face when she got angry it went bright red, mr macdonald taught us russian he was a really tall bloke and mr marsden taught science and believe got done for looking down girls blouses or summat (not my words!!) - i lived in deepcar at the time and often used to miss the bus on purpose and spent all day on wharncliffe crags - my mum never found out till my older brother steven (sanderson) told her later on in life!!!

I used to do the stage lighting in the Lady Mabel Hall when it was all old reostat dimmers on the platform up high on stage left accessable via the steel ladder or the steep wooden steps. We used to go in the roofspace on the wooden walkways to rig lights through holes in the ceiling. We were only 14- 15 at the time. I wouldn't let any 14-15 year old go up there today!

I remember Richard Kirk falling off that steel ladder from half way up and breaking his arm in about 1980.

Oh... and it was me who wrote do not use ( and the date in 1979 ) on the back of the stage door, after somone had managed to pull if off one of its hinges. It was still there the last time i looked, a couple of years ago.

The basement could be accessed via a trapdoor and ladder in the floor, stage left, but there was nothing down there and it was very deep and dangerous so don't try it!

I was in the same class as richard kirk, who are you ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...