Anyone on here go to Ecclesfield Comprehensive School?

beamer

I never went from school, it must have been about 1978 the one and only time I went to the Birdcage. Did they have fake palm trees around the place ?

I recall once going to the birdcage about the same time, we pulled up outside only to be greeted by a near riot going on. so we went back into hoyland and went in the gate, and guess what.......they were fighting in there as well, bit like a wild west town:hihi::hihi:

I recall once going to the birdcage about the same time, we pulled up outside only to be greeted by a near riot going on. so we went back into hoyland and went in the gate, and guess what.......they were fighting in there as well, bit like a wild west town:hihi::hihi:

Wasn't there a no go pub called the Jockey (?) nearby. If they found out you were from Chap it was jackets off immediately.

my form teacher was danny williams and maths teacher too, josh King, what a character, heard he was killed in a motorbike accident :(

mr jennet, how strict was he, he was the only teacher that when he was teaching us you could here a pin drop in the room, no one dare breath :hihi:

and ours one of the unruliest classes in the school too:o

could do with more like him these days :roll:

Can anyone verify Mr. King was killed in a motor cycle accident, he taught a motorcycle safety course when I was there and was always going on about safety ..... before he cracked you behind your ear

Wasn't there a no go pub called the Jockey (?) nearby. If they found out you were from Chap it was jackets off immediately.

There was The 'Turf ' pub at Hoyland ( just behind the market place ) could that be the one you were thinking of ? ( it was later known as The Kestrel ) ...had some good nights in there in t' mid 70's...:hihi: