Anyone on here go to Ecclesfield Comprehensive School?

beamer

Besides my time at university , I think my time at school was the best part of my life . There were racist cretins at the school , but I was able to cope with them as having come from South Africa as a political refugee , I was able to focus on the need to get an education .

hi njabulo, when i was in 2nd year 1970/71, we had a teacher who had left south africa. i think he took us for english. his name was joshua mbele, and i think his son attended E.C.S (in the 1980,s?? )

hi njabulo, when i was in 2nd year 1970/71, we had a teacher who had left south africa. i think he took us for english. his name was joshua mbele, and i think his son attended E.C.S (in the 1980,s?? )

That was my father . His name was George Mbele !

Njabulo I remember you as lurko ! I was there from 71 to 76

Hated every minute :hihi:

That was me . At the primary school the kids and teachers could not pronounce Nkululeko , which is the name I used at school , so I was stuck with the name Lerko .

It's really good to see you on here Lerko ! I was in the year above you and only knew who you were because of my friends who went to Lound. Hope you are doing good :)

I am ok thanks . How are you ?

I actually hated the name Lerko . Most people call me Njabs ,which comes from Njabulo .