Anyone on here go to Ecclesfield Comprehensive School?

beamer

I was at the main school between 1979 and 1982 and 1982 and 1984 (sixth form). I remember the school being out of control, with only a handful of teachers (such as Mr Williams & Mr Howarth) who could keep control. Many of the windows had been put through, and room 5 had been completely torched. How I got out of that place with any qualifications is one of life's little mysteries. Grew up quick. I see that Mr King has been killed in a motorcycle accident - I heard that he had been sacked for making a girl stand on a desk, and lift her skirt up. I always felt sorry for him, because he got all the idiots, and it must have eventually got to him. Anyone remember Philip (Percy) Claxton? He was a great teacher for 6th form, but couldn't control the other classes. Same with Mr Pilling. Mr Guest was my form tutor for 2 years, and was new into teaching in 1979. Apparently, he had played football for England under 21s. I was one of the computer swots (still am!), and was one of the first 6 pupils to be introduced to the school computer by Mr Burkinshaw and Mr Carter in 1980. Ground breaking stuff! I still do a lot of web and flickr stuff under the name wakefieldpinball. Please see my other posting on the lower school. My initials are MRD, but I like to keep things anonymous on the internet if that is OK. Ta. Oh, nearly forgot Mrs Jolly, the inappropriately named dinner bag (sorry, lady).

How was room 5 torched may I ask :o?