Sheer rudeness!

Was meant to be viewing a room in a house share tonight. Didn't have the address as the person didnt want to give me it until the day of the viewing, fair enough. But then when get in contact with the person they haven't bothered to reply to any of my text messages or returned my call to them.

If the room is let then all they had to do was tell me. Or even if they didnt want me to view it, I could've arranged a viewing at a different one.

What a waste of my time!

And yes, I appreciate that someone important couldve come up, but still, common courtesy is free!

I guess the main decider is what your budget is inc bills PCM. The difference between somewhere that costs £350 inc bills per month will be very different to somewhere at £500+ inc bills.

When you consider those claiming room rate housing benefit can afford £65 per week, to get a room in a great area with nice people you're going to be looking at nearer the £450 PCM.

Cost of a room isn't too much of an issue to me, but if it's too expensive then I might as well get my own place. Reason I aren't getting my own place is so that I aren't alone in a city that's alien to me. I know absolutely no one in Sheffield at the moment.

Seems to be happening alot lately does that mister m (lucky escapes) or so I get told

If I was going to rent a room in Sheffield, I'd be happy to pay £500 maybe even £600 per month for a lovely room in a spectacular house / area as all the bills would be included. £500 to £600 per month won't get you anything special if you rent it as a whole plus you would have bills on top of that. As always, the area / location is the important factor.

I've been looking upto £400 a month upto now. Maybe I should increase, just a pain as I was looking to save some money to pay off debts

You can probably get something half decent for £400, honestly depends on what you want but for £500+ you'll get a really nice area, good security, probably an ensuite as well. Things like that do make a big difference. Imagine even just 4 people sharing one toilet and bathroom.

Archived