Anyone been to bulgaria recently?

I Just turn the TV OFF after midnight if you have kids ;)

Why`s that then?

Thanks for all the advice. We`ve booked to go at the end of august at the maritsa hotel, sunny beach. Really looking forward to it. I was a little worried about how run down the area was after reading some of the reports on Holidays uncovered. But you`ve all put my mind at rest.

Peter

I went afew years ago. I spent a week in Borovets (sp?) and a week in Bansko. Bansko was very nice, Borovets wasn't so nice. Everything was very cheap. The surrounding countryside was very beautiful and its worth going on some of the guided walks in the mountains if you get the chance. I love walking and my most memorable walk ever was on that holiday - a guided walk around several mountain lakes near Bansko.

• 4 years later...

I was in Nessebar (opp Sunny Beach) last year on a cruise. First time on the Black Sea, ... not impressed. If you like beer at 90p a pint and don't care about the poverty and filth, it'll suit you. Food horrendous, packs of dogs wondering around. I want a bit more out of a holiday than that! Only place worse than that on the cruise was Constanta in Romania ... OMG, do people still live like that?

We went last year for the second time..

The first time we went we stayed in the older part of the resort and we absolutley loved it.. Cheap bars, plenty of cheap places to eat etc etc.. Last year we went and we stayed in the newer part of the resort and we didn't enjoy it half as much.. Prices of stuff down that end of the resort were sometimes more than double what you'd pay in the older part.. We did go up to where we stayed the first time and had a few nights around there but it was a drag getting taxis for 15 of us there and back..

Where abouts are you staying ??

We went last year for the second time..

The first time we went we stayed in the older part of the resort and we absolutley loved it.. Cheap bars, plenty of cheap places to eat etc etc.. Last year we went and we stayed in the newer part of the resort and we didn't enjoy it half as much.. Prices of stuff down that end of the resort were sometimes more than double what you'd pay in the older part.. We did go up to where we stayed the first time and had a few nights around there but it was a drag getting taxis for 15 of us there and back..

Where abouts are you staying ??

I think in the older part this time. The part that is furthest away from the nessebar end if you know where i mean. last time we were within walking distance of nessebar.

I think in the older part this time. The part that is furthest away from the nessebar end if you know where i mean. last time we were within walking distance of nessebar.

To give you an idea of where I mean, I've done a little map.. CLICKY MAP I've marked the hotels we stayed in with crosses and numbers 1 and 2.. :D You might have to zoom in a bit..

We first stayed in the Hotel Pomorie which we class as the old part as the Hotel Pomorie was the first hotel built in Sunny Beach. ;) Well according to the locals it was..

The second time we stayed in the Victoria Palace which is at the other end of the resort.. Further away from Nessebar..In fact, the first time we went, the Victoria Palace was the very last hotel on the front strip.. Theres quite a few more been built since then though..

I always thought the older part was further away from nessebar. What did you take with regards to money, cash or travellers cheques? The last time we went there were some dodgy exchange places that were giving fake notes out

Archived