Anyone been to bulgaria recently?

Definately travellers cheques.. Under no circumstances, NEVER EVER change any of your cheques or money in places other than your hotel or the banks.. Other hotels are ok too but NEVER change them on the street..:nono:

Most of the hotels offered roughly the same exchange rate give or take a couple of "stinkys".. :D

Which, for anyone that doesn't know, stinky is the little nickname for their money, stotinkie.

Lev is like our pound and stotinkies are like our pennies..:D

I`m off to sunny beach again in june.The last time was about 4 years ago. What`s it like now? Is it still as cheap? Last time we went i can`t remember if we took travellers cheques or not. What`s best?

We are out there end of May we go every year as we have an apartment.

I dont think it is all that cheap any more to be honest everything seems about the same as Britain now since they joined the EU which I thought would happen. Although I do think the standard of food and entertainment in the resort has vastly improved since we first went.

We always just use the ATM's never bother with Travellers as you can get ripped off easily exchanging them.

I noticed it was much cheaper in Sofia and out of the way villages the other year when we hired a car and travelled across from Sofia to Sunny Beach.

I'm a bit weary of using the ATMs out there since I got told of someone using one and getting charged an extortionate amount to do so..

They didn't realise until they got back home and it was to late to do anything about it..

It wasn't their bank that charged them either.. It was the owner or the place where the ATM was that charged them apparently.. Just like the ATMs here in the uk charge, so did they but far far to much..

I`m surprised it`s no cheaper than here, it was so cheap 4 years ago. Is there still all the fake designer stuff on sale?

Yeh, I bought a Rolex Oyster Datejust, £4. The man on the market stall said it was genuine!

• 1 month later...

Archived