C4 News tonight and Conservative Hypocrisy

On the day that more austerity is announced, Rich Ricci, Barclays fat cat, with his aptly named racehorse, 'The Fat Cat in the Hat', pockets millions in shares

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/city-news/barclays-boss-rich-ricci-pockets-1775429

When confronted with this just now on C4 news, Brooks Newmark, Conservative MP, Treasury Select Committee says it's not up to the government to cap what people earn. Try telling that to the hard working people on a pittance at ground level in the public services, with year after year of pay freezes as the cost of living spirals and they are living hand to mouth.

Commenting, John Mann MP, Labour, Treasury Select Committee said it's an insult that Barclays Criminal Fraud has cost us so much and not a single person has been punished and they are paying themselves huge bonuses, 'It says something about the morality that we now have, that there aren't demonstrations on every street in the country'.

I couldn't agree more. This is absolutely disgusting.

I agree Mr B.

I raised this on another thread - though the one or two responses were - they didn't get a bailout, and if if they did benefit from the financial environment where Northern Rock were bailed out, so what, they've been fined.

I suppose Rich Ricci is taking the **** & people shouldn't rise to the bait. What is galling though is that those who stand up for the likes of Richie Rich are usually those that like to stick the boot into the poorest and most vulnerable people in Britain.

It stinks

Brooks Newmark (is that a name? He or she?) Is right, its not up to the government to cap people's earning who work for a private company, it is however their duty to cap the earnings of their employees if they can not afford it.

On the day that more austerity is announced, Rich Ricci, Barclays fat cat, with his aptly named racehorse, 'The Fat Cat in the Hat', pockets millions in shares

Regardless of who's in power this type of thing goes on; I dont see a lot that can realistically be done about it.

Companies can pay their execs whatever they want, whining about how much people get paid by their companies is pathetic.

However, I'm concerned that we don't seem to have anyone in the dock over Libor, if the multi billion pound fraud had been an armed robbery every copper in the country would be looking for them. Let's see some barclays people in the dock for the massive fraud they have already corporately admitted.

Companies can pay their execs whatever they want, whining about how much people get paid by their companies is pathetic.

It's not pathetic to question the money flying around in a market that has been stabilised and subsidised by national money.

Barclays weren't saved directly themselves, but they've profited and benefited from the QE and the pool of government backed credit open to the banks. It's nationalised risk and privatised profit.

Brooks Newmark (is that a name? He or she?) Is right, its not up to the government to cap people's earning who work for a private company, it is however their duty to cap the earnings of their employees if they can not afford it.

Is that the government or the private company?

Archived