C4 News tonight and Conservative Hypocrisy

Here's an odd fact, most of the private sector are not bankers.

This is true, but then again the government didnt spend a fortune bailing out the rest of the private sector did they? Or did I miss something??

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 16:52 ----------

Bankers didn't cause this mess. Labour did.

Really????? So we didnt spend a fortune bailing out banks to have them stick two fingers up at us and still continue to award themselves outrageous and totally unjustified bonuses? Bonuses it seems that WE the taxpayer are paying to them!! Are we supposed to applaud this behaviour? Well, clap, clap. There you are. Happy now?

This is true, but then again the government didnt spend a fortune bailing out the rest of the private sector did they? Or did I miss something??

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 16:52 ----------

Really????? So we didnt spend a fortune bailing out banks to have them stick two fingers up at us and still continue to award themselves outrageous and totally unjustified bonuses? Bonuses it seems that WE the taxpayer are paying to them!! Are we supposed to applaud this behaviour? Well, clap, clap. There you are. Happy now?

The post was comparing private and public sector wastage, you the compared public sector and bankers. Which I was pointing out.

Also for the umpteenth time we did not bail out Barclays and fwiw the banks should have been allowed to go bust but then people would have complained about that and people complained when they couldn't get a mortgage which resulted in sub prime mortgages and so on and so on.

It's not pathetic to question the money flying around in a market that has been stabilised and subsidised by national money.

Barclays weren't saved directly themselves, but they've profited and benefited from the QE and the pool of government backed credit open to the banks. It's nationalised risk and privatised profit.

I agree with this post by Chris_Sleeps but just to add an excessive bonus culture can also lead to a culture of excessive risk taking which can bring down the bank and adversely affect other banks and the wider economy. So yes we definately do have an interest in what banks are up to and what they pay, privately owned or not.

I agree with this post by Chris_Sleeps but just to add an excessive bonus culture can also lead to a culture of excessive risk taking which can bring down the bank and adversely affect other banks and the wider economy. So yes we definately do have an interest in what banks are up to and what they pay, privately owned or not.

A very sensible post, well said

Vote with your feet, I did. I still don't want the government regulating the pay of a private company.

http://www.moveyourmoney.org.uk/where-can-i-move-my-money-to

Archived