C4 News tonight and Conservative Hypocrisy

Never thought I'd see you offering sympathy to people with over 85k in the bank Anna..and all those profiteering businesses too :confused:

Any money legally held in a bank account is OK with me. It's the tax issue that bugs me. As long as they have paid the required tax on their means of aquiring the money, I have no quarrel with them. I'd even consider a tax rate of 30% if I could be sure that they would pay up every single penny they owed without the benefit of accountants.

As for the obscene ammounts some people get, well, in a world with so many people living in poverty, even starving to death, I'd like to think they would be willing to do something off their own bat with all that money.

When Britain was in a similar situation, the Victorian Industrialists thought it a moral duty to provide philanthropic projects for the benefit of the people. I don't see why people such as Lakshmi Mittal, for example, couldn't do the same in India.

Imagine being able to say you had done some real good in the world, rather than leave behind yet another mansion and gin palace.

Who would arrange the tax affairs if not an accountant? There is never going to be a situation where people with money do not employ accountants to ensure their tax affairs are taken care of. This has been the case for as long as there has been taxes.

Taken care of or manipulated downwards? You know what I mean.

If you earn so much money you need to employ an accountant you are earning enough to not have to fiddle your taxes. That's greed, and it's the greed I can't stand.

We have to pay all our taxes - so should they.

If you earn so much money you need to employ an accountant you are earning enough to not have to fiddle your taxes. That's greed, and it's the greed I can't stand.

My accountant charges me £100.

£1.92 a week.

Taken care of as in making sure the right amount is paid. No-one is expected to pay more than they have to.

Public sector salaries are better than private sector

"Overall, pay is higher in the public sector. The 2011 Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings figures - which we extracted separately from here - show a gross median salary of £28,802 in the public sector in 2011, compared to £25,000 (we use the median rather than the mean average because it's more representative).

And over time, public sector salaries have stayed ahead of the private sector,"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/mar/27/public-private-sector-pay

So if public sector workers are living from hand to mouth it's God help us in the private bit..

My daughter works in the public sector, she earns about £3k more than her private sector counterpart, two people in her office were going to be made redundant, she suggested that everyone could keep their jobs if they all took a pay cut, that idea didn't go down well, they all wanted to keep their jobs and their high pay, two of them were made redundant. She couldn’t understand why everyone was unwilling to sacrifice some money so that everyone could keep their job.

My daughter works in the public sector, she earns about £3k more than her private sector counterpart, two people in her office were going to be made redundant, she suggested that everyone could keep their jobs if they all took a pay cut, that idea didn't go down well, they all wanted to keep their jobs and their high pay, two of them were made redundant. She couldn’t understand why everyone was unwilling to sacrifice some money so that everyone could keep their job.

In January she was earning £5k more.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=9473185&highlight=daughter#post9473185

Really? Which bit of the public sector was this?

Probably the same effect as bailing them out to be honest, the people lose money or the government loses money and the government's money comes from the people. However the markets would mean the banks would have to reassess how much risk they take with their customer's money. As it is they don't care as they'll get bailed out.
what by the gov you voted for

Archived