Car second hand price

depends what asking price is:confused:

If I was selling a car for £600 ,no way would I accept £400 for it.

If I wanted £400 for it,I'd put it on for £400 and get a quick sale for a £400 2002 reg bag of s**t,got to be something wrong with a 2002 reg T+T vectra for £400:gag:

It's a Vectra, it is a bag of **** and no one ever pays asking on a 2nd hand car.

It's a Vectra, it is a bag of **** and no one ever pays asking on a 2nd hand car.

I realise this but you dont knock 30% off something just for the sake of it:)

when Iv'e sold cars in the past Iv'e always allowed £50ish for haggling,that way you get genuine people looking at it and it'll go for round about what I want for it.

Its a common fact that people will always want money knocking off a second hand car,even if its perfect and ideally priced,they just think they've a better bargain.But if someones willing to knock off £200 from a £600 car,keep well clear of it,its garbage:gag:

I realise this but you dont knock 30% off something just for the sake of it:)

when Iv'e sold cars in the past Iv'e always allowed £50ish for haggling,that way you get genuine people looking at it and it'll go for round about what I want for it.

Its a common fact that people will always want money knocking off a second hand car,even if its perfect and ideally priced,they just think they've a better bargain.But if someones willing to knock off £200 from a £600 car,keep well clear of it,its garbage:gag:

The poster didnt suggest knocking £200 off a asking price ,they just suggested that prices on Autotrader were possibly inflated...which they usually are

The poster didnt suggest knocking £200 off a asking price ,they just suggested that prices on Autotrader were possibly inflated...which they usually are

Nah they did'nt,they never mentioned auto trader,just asked how much a 2002 vectra should be and where to get an idea of price.

Bit vague really,autotrader today has em between £290-£1200,depends on a lot of things,non runners/runners-Diesel/petrol-milage-condition-tax and test-area etc etc.

Depends what you want:confused:,

personally I wouldn't touch a vauxhall these days,most people have been brought up on the fact that such as Vauxhall/Ford are good reliable cars which are easy and cheap to run and repair-not the case these days ,thats why you can pick a 10 year old up from a trader for less than £300,another point is that you dont see many over 10 years old on the roads these days,says it all really.

A mate of mine had a 2004 diesel,nice enough,but it was something like the fuel pump or the turbo(cant remember) that went,it was going to cost around £400-£500 to replace,so he scrapped it for £200

Nah they did'nt,they never mentioned auto trader,just asked how much a 2002 vectra should be and where to get an idea of price.

Bit vague really,autotrader today has em between £290-£1200,depends on a lot of things,non runners/runners-Diesel/petrol-milage-condition-tax and test-area etc etc.

Depends what you want:confused:,

personally I wouldn't touch a vauxhall these days,most people have been brought up on the fact that such as Vauxhall/Ford are good reliable cars which are easy and cheap to run and repair-not the case these days ,thats why you can pick a 10 year old up from a trader for less than £300,another point is that you dont see many over 10 years old on the roads these days,says it all really.

A mate of mine had a 2004 diesel,nice enough,but it was something like the fuel pump or the turbo(cant remember) that went,it was going to cost around £400-£500 to replace,so he scrapped it for £200

Likewise,another mate had a 2004 mondeo estate diesel a couple of years ago,was probably worth around £2000+ then

The clutch was starting to go,had a price of £1000 to replace as its a hydrolic and need special tools to remove.

He sold it for £1100.

I had a mondeo around 8 years ago,was warned by my local mechanic that 1 of the shockers was on its way,got quoted £400 to replace 1 self levelling shocker,anyway it lasted years until I sold it,and it went through the test every year,makes you wonder:suspect:

vuaxhall dont know how to make an auto box live to regret it

The auto box in my friends Zafira has not given any big problems.

Although the Vauxhall garage know nothing about auto boxes.

They'll swear blind the AT fluid is 'lifelong' and never requires changing.

They don't even know what stuff it takes :confused:

Archived