Teachers making medical assumptions about pupils.

I would be tempted to ask the Head teacher how qualified the teacher in question is to give such diagnosis

Well, she's perfectly qualified to make assessments of poor motor skills and concentration levels (though the small head thing is a bit of an odd thing to say).

The lad does PE, football training and Karate, as for the deafness and colour blindness you could be correct, the teacher does tell us when he has mis-behaved and also today that his group have won the competition for the best behaved group and won a party to be held for them.

He has been checked out for everything she has suggested and is ok.

I really don't know what the hell you're complaining about.

I would be tempted to ask the Head teacher how qualified the teacher in question is to give such diagnosis

Why?A teacher is raising concerns for referral to a medical expert.They do not need to be qualified, simply concerned and observant.I think teachers do their best without being overseen by a predatory audience of interfering observers.

In the last couple of months my grandsons teacher has spoken to his mother a few times about his health, she has said she thought he had asthma, was deaf in one ear and the latest one is colour blind, none of these assumptions have been proven to be true but have caused great concern at the time.

I know teachers are first in line to spot problems with children but this one has been so far off the mark that we are begining to look at her as a bit of a scatter brain....

This hardly complimentary and is quite defamatory.

Why?A teacher is raising concerns for referral to a medical expert.They do not need to be qualified, simply concerned and observant.I think teachers do their best without being overseen by a predatory audience of interfering observers.

There needs to be clarity and the Head teacher is the person to go to if Hotfeet is worried.

Teachers aren't infallible.

There needs to be clarity and the Head teacher is the person to go to if Hotfeet is worried.

Teachers aren't infallible.

It does mean the head teacher is involved in extra work and the teacher left feeling uncomfortable.Would it surprise if the teacher chose to overlook future issues rather than invite disapproval from others?

It does mean the head teacher is involved in extra work and the teacher left feeling uncomfortable.Would it surprise if the teacher chose to overlook future issues rather than invite disapproval from others?

I'm just saying there should be a clear directive, and if Hotfeet has any worries then she is entitled to voice them

i would have thought if you wanted clarity you would ask the person who made the statements, the headteacher would know nothing about it, if you do need to see the headteacher i would have thought that you and the teacher go together and discuss it like adults. instead of whats been suggested to just go and see the headteacher like some body who is telling tails.

daicks

Archived