Need help on a bathroom ceiling rose please

depends on how it has been wired up in the first place

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 00:58 ----------

modern wiring has live, neutral, switched live and earth

Doesn't matter if the wiring in the ceiling rose is old or modern, its still connected up the same: neutrals together in the connection block, switch wire in the connection block and earth in the connection block - only thing that has change is the colour coding of the cables.

what im saying is, not all black wires are neutral

Generally speaking they are.

If one has been used as a switchwire then it will ( or should have had) some form of marking on it .

Years ago, I use to work in the electrical contracting trade.

You sir are a gentleman and a man of honour. Simply because you used the word trade instead of the vomit inducing term "game". :bigsmile:

It's one of those silly little nothing expressions that wazzes me right off. :rant::hihi:

Generally speaking they are.

If one has been used as a switchwire then it will ( or should have had) some form of marking on it .

yes i agree. it should have a band of red tape around it to indicate that it becomes live. i have worked in the electrical trade for over 35 years and have come across all sorts of different wiring methods.

Doesn't matter if the wiring in the ceiling rose is old or modern, its still connected up the same: neutrals together in the connection block, switch wire in the connection block and earth in the connection block - only thing that has change is the colour coding of the cables.
not necessarily. Modern methods wire from rose to rose. Older methods wire from junction box to junction box with the rose spurred off

PM Sent

Regards

Glenn

Got the job done top work would recommed highly getting more work done by him.

GM ELECTRICAL SERVICES 01709-852855 07795-419478 EMAIL;*glenn@gmelectricalservices.net17th Edition,all work Insured & guaranteed.

Archived