What would happen if people on benefits were given more money?

Neoliberalism works very well, for the multinationals. Corporate sector executives continue to enjoy astonishing salary and bunus deals. But ordinary people are losing out here in the UK, in Poland, or anywhere else that is subject to the scathing free market policy.

Business appears to be booming if we look at measures such as GDP, or take a glance at the Dow Jones Industrial Average or FT100 index. But this does not translate into jobs, fair wages or corporate responsibility. And it is just the same in Poland. The multinationals are at work across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas, capturing states and subverting politics in order to deliver profits for the few.

I'm afraid we here in the UK cannot vote for an alternative. New labour appear to be as much in thrall to the Square Mile and Wall Street interests as the tory right and the lib dems.

Neoliberalism works very well, for the multinationals. Corporate sector executives continue to enjoy astonishing salary and bunus deals. But ordinary people are losing out here in the UK, in Poland, or anywhere else that is subject to the scathing free market policy.

Business appears to be booming if we look at measures such as GDP, or take a glance at the Dow Jones Industrial Average or FT100 index. But this does not translate into jobs, fair wages or corporate responsibility. And it is just the same in Poland. The multinationals are at work across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas, capturing states and subverting politics in order to deliver profits for the few.

I'm afraid we here in the UK cannot vote for an alternative. New labour appear to be as much in thrall to the Square Mile and Wall Street interests as the tory right and the lib dems.

What do you see as the alternative to free market economies?

maybe they should do something about their gov and start rebuilding their country and maybe romania and bulgaria should too

Like we can do something about our government you mean?

I hate to mention it but most of our assetts and utillities have been sold off to foreign buyers and our economy is in dire straights, one step away from going under.

All caused by lousy government of all persuasions.

What are we going to do about it?

Like we can do something about our government you mean?

I hate to mention it but most of our assetts and utillities have been sold off to foreign buyers and our economy is in dire straights, one step away from going under.

All caused by lousy government of all persuasions.

What are we going to do about it?

yes i agree anna b i think i general strike should be on the cards anytime soon

What do you see as the alternative to free market economies?

A mixed economy, with anti-fragile revenue policy, an open and accountable public sector that delivers health, education and social services, a private sector that is dynamic and entrepreneurial, and a political settlement capable of recognising that people rather than corporate profit should be the ultimate consideration.

This might seem utopian, but we can in fact point to real and existing states that have expressed these principles with remarkable success - Denmark being the prime example.

They would not invest it wisely give them the minimum if they are long term and have shown no signs of looking for employment but can work why should others carry the idle and their children for years on end??. People that have contributed some or a lot get nothing back when they need help, so why should people who may have contributed very little or nothing get help?? it should be based on what you have contributed for any benefit JSA, Tax Credits, Income Support children that are straight out of school should not be getting pregnant and having children in the first place people should also not be having children if they have no income so will be relying on others to pay for their lifestyle and their children's as well it is just irresponsibility on the part of people having children when they cannot pay for them and the irresponsibility of parents letting young girls have sex at a young age when they know full well accidents happen and they could get pregnant resulting in them having to make a difficult decision do they have a termination or not??. The ones that decide to keep a child then become another burden on the tax payer, and society in general I bet the largest majority of benefits are paid out are in Income Supoort to young girls with children and no partners or a job to help them. They will not have contributed anything is what I mean, or may have contributed little if that have worked and say had one job in their lifetime so who foots the bill for their children 9 times out of 10 the tax payer??, there are people who are on disability and been told by ATOS they can work when some of those people genuinely cannot work they are just handing out benefits to bone idle people with no questions asked.:)

They would not invest it wisely give them the minimum if they are long term and have shown no signs of looking for employment but can work why should others carry the idle and their children for years on end??. People that have contributed some or a lot get nothing back when they need help, so why should people who may have contributed very little or nothing get help?? it should be based on what you have contributed for any benefit JSA, Tax Credits, Income Support children that are straight out of school should not be getting pregnant and having children in the first place. They will not have contributed anything is what I mean, or may have contributed little if that have worked and say had one job in their lifetime so who foots the bill for their children 9 times out of 10 the tax payer??, there are people who are on disability and been told by ATOS they can work when some of those people genuinely cannot work they are just handing out benefits to bone idle people with no questions asked.:)
and you wonder why on another thread your relations dont like you :hihi: god help us with that kind of attitude :loopy:

A mixed economy, with anti-fragile revenue policy, an open and accountable public sector that delivers health, education and social services, a private sector that is dynamic and entrepreneurial, and a political settlement capable of recognising that people rather than corporate profit should be the ultimate consideration.

This might seem utopian, but we can in fact point to real and existing states that have expressed these principles with remarkable success - Denmark being the prime example.

We might also consider electing decent politicians who have the welfare of this country and it's citizens uppermost in their minds, and not a bunch of rich kids, part of the old boy's network, with dubious contacts and an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude....

They would not invest it wisely give them the minimum if they are long term and have shown no signs of looking for employment but can work why should others carry the idle and their children for years on end??. People that have contributed some or a lot get nothing back when they need help, so why should people who may have contributed very little or nothing get help?? it should be based on what you have contributed for any benefit JSA, Tax Credits, Income Support children that are straight out of school should not be getting pregnant and having children in the first place people should also not be having children if they have no income so will be relying on others to pay for their lifestyle and their children's as well it is just irresponsibility on the part of people having children when they cannot pay for them and the irresponsibility of parents letting young girls have sex at a young age when they know full well accidents happen and they could get pregnant resulting in them having to make a difficult decision do they have a termination or not??. The ones that decide to keep a child then become another burden on the tax payer, and society in general I bet the largest majority of benefits are paid out are in Income Supoort to young girls with children and no partners or a job to help them. They will not have contributed anything is what I mean, or may have contributed little if that have worked and say had one job in their lifetime so who foots the bill for their children 9 times out of 10 the tax payer??, there are people who are on disability and been told by ATOS they can work when some of those people genuinely cannot work they are just handing out benefits to bone idle people with no questions asked.:)

You must be one of those compassionate understand caring types we hear so much about!

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 18:31 ----------

That is my opinion I am entitled to it, please do not be nasty on here that is not what the forum is for. :)

True, just becuase she's wrong doesn't mean she isn't entitled to an opinion.

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 18:31 ----------

The bottom line is it's everyone for themselves now, you can work hard and claim moral high ground but no one is going thankyou for it, nor are you ever likely to be financially rewarded or expect help if you ever fall on hard times.

If you can claim something and be better off financially than working then claim it, if you can claim and get cash in hand then that's even better!

Archived