What would happen if people on benefits were given more money?

I hope that Poles living here in the UK can go home soon. I hope this simply because I am sure that they themselves would wish to be at home. Just imagine the anxiety and upheaval of leaving your homeland and your family behind. They are not tourists. They are desperate people, seeking work, in order to survive.

Most do actually, but they are often replaced with other Eastern EU migrants. They tend to come to the UK, save up and then go home with enough money to start up a small business in their own country. However, there are ones that traffic prostitutes and rip off ATMs and such, but they are by no means the majority. How do people feel about Germans and French living in the UK?

Most do actually, but they are often replaced with other Eastern EU migrants. They tend to come to the UK, save up and then go home with enough money to start up a small business in their own country. However, there are ones that traffic prostitutes and rip off ATMs and such, but they are by no means the majority. How do people feel about Germans and French living in the UK?

I don't think many people mind where people come from as long as they don't rock the boat massively and work rather than taking out of the system. As for the French, there is such a large enclave of them in London they have their own mp in the French parliment.

You must be one of those compassionate understand caring types we hear so much about!

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 18:31 ----------

True, just becuase she's wrong doesn't mean she isn't entitled to an opinion.

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 18:31 ----------

The bottom line is it's everyone for themselves now, you can work hard and claim moral high ground but no one is going thankyou for it, nor are you ever likely to be financially rewarded or expect help if you ever fall on hard times.

If you can claim something and be better off financially than working then claim it, if you can claim and get cash in hand then that's even better!

Think what you want I am not going to argue with you or others on here about this matter, people have differing opinions on things what kind of a world would we live in if that was not the case boring?? that is what a forum is for voicing opinion not to be nasty and deliberately spiteful to other users so please leave it.

Think what you want I am not going to argue with you or others on here about this matter, people have differing opinions on things what kind of a world would we live in if that was not the case boring?? that is what a forum is for voicing opinion not to be nasty and deliberately spiteful to other users so please leave it.

That's a bit ironic seeing as on a recent thread you started, you reported every single post that had an opinion other than the one you wanted to hear.

profits dont tell me your that nieve :hihi:.but hey glad you like to see british workers lose their jobs :suspect: oh and wait while they come here and take even more you will be in your elements :hihi:

The word you are probably looking for is naive. That is something you clearly are. Just because someone mentions that UK jobs are going overseas because we have priced ourselves out of certain activities, it doesn't mean the person who mentions it is happy about the situation. It just means that unlike you I am able to see the reality of the situation rather than burting my head in the sand and pretending it isn't happening.

:confused: Exactly !!!, not one reply to your posts have been nasty, I have read through them, and to be very honest, I think you have a problem.

Sorry now stamp your feet and report me, and no I'm not a horrible person.

I am caring and compassionate and nice having strong views on something does not make you a horrible person, I have not been nasty to anyone on here. :)

Really? Based on your current conduct and the previous conduct I've experienced from you I'd take that with a pinch of salt I'm afraid.

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 22:39 ----------

That's a bit ironic seeing as on a recent thread you started, you reported every single post that had an opinion other than the one you wanted to hear.

I think that's par for the course based on previous threads.

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 22:41 ----------

Do you not understand how a democracy works? You don't get to vote on individual issues, never have, maybe never will,

Except in Switzerland - some of the smaller cantons do have direct voting on issues. It's only workable due to the very small size of some places - as you say true democracy is never going to happen with a country that is basically bigger than a large town.

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 22:44 ----------

I don't think many people mind where people come from as long as they don't rock the boat massively and work rather than taking out of the system. As for the French, there is such a large enclave of them in London they have their own mp in the French parliment.

I seem to recall that London was the sixth largest French city if you look at how many are living there.... it's well over 300,000 apparantly.

Archived