What would happen if people on benefits were given more money?

But the government is broke.

The coalition government has just announced a £1.6 billion, (that's £1,600,000,000) deal with the US based multinational, The Bristow Group, to take over UK search and rescue operations from the RAF and the Royal Navy in 2015.

So it seems that they can find plenty of money when they want to.

The coalition government has just announced a £1.6 billion, (that's £1,600,000,000) deal with the US based multinational, The Bristow Group, to take over UK search and rescue operations from the RAF and the Royal Navy in 2015.

So it seems that they can find plenty of money when they want to.

I suppose it depends on how much it would have costthe government to continue providing the service...

I suppose it depends on how much it would have costthe government to continue providing the service...

In other words 'how much it would cost to continue paying British Armed Forces personnel to provide the service'?

Are we to expect lay-offs from the Navy and the RAF, whilst another tax avoiding multinational expands its bottom line?

In other words 'how much it would cost to continue paying British Armed Forces personnel to provide the service'?

Are we to expect lay-offs from the Navy and the RAF, whilst another tax avoiding multinational expands its bottom line?

350 jobs will be created apparently.

It's not just that is it..? Bristow are using new helicopters..the Sea Kings the RAF use are getting old and ready for changing ina couple of years.. how much would that cost?..it did say in a report that the flight times to incidents would be reduced by 20%...

I wish that I could share the optimism expressed by truman and Supertramp.

However, a cursory glance at the record of the multinational corporations involved in the deal does not inspire confidence.

For further information, please take a look at my thread Search and Rescue disgrace.

Archived