How do you feel about buying and subsidising West Ham's new stadium?

seeing as West Ham United won England the World Cup in 1966 the country probably owes them a favour. Spurs never had any chance of relocating miles from their part of London to where the ground is in the first place - a totally ridiculous idea. Anybody that knows Upton Park will know that is far too small a ground even for a club like West Ham who have never pretended they are a big league club. It's Orient who are the aggrieved party here if there is one.

I think you'll find that they didn't; okay Hurst scored 3 (sorry credited with 3), and Peters (1), Bobby Moore was the best at his position on the planet. I think you'll find that the other 8 contributed to them getting the goals it was a magnificent team effort, so therefore England won the World Cup.

I mean when Spurs beat Man City in the replay of FA cup final 82? & Ardiles & Villa won the game it never said Argentina win FA cup.

I think you'll find also this country owes them nowt, diddly, Nada they've been paid back no end of times, and Brooking has had his fair share of influencing things for them. If its their ground they should stump up for it, not get help, oh & yes Barry Hearn & Orient are well peed off.

Lets face it the PL is probably the biggest money machine on the planet, due to such as stupid bloody Sky.

I think you'll find that they didn't; okay Hurst scored 3 (sorry credited with 3), and Peters (1), Bobby Moore was the best at his position on the planet. I think you'll find that the other 8 contributed to them getting the goals it was a magnificent team effort, so therefore England won the World Cup.

I mean when Spurs beat Man City in the replay of FA cup final 82? & Ardiles & Villa won the game it never said Argentina win FA cup.

that Spurs / Man City final was in 81 not 82, was over two matches and Ardiles didn't score a single one of the goals. Whereas West Ham players not only scored each of the goals in the 1966 final, but also provided all the assists except for Hurst's 2nd, which came from a pass from the Blackpool player Alan Ball.

that Spurs / Man City final was in 81 not 82, was over two matches and Ardiles didn't score a single one of the goals. Whereas West Ham players not only scored each of the goals in the 1966 final, but also provided all the assists except for Hurst's 2nd, which came from a pass from the Blackpool player Alan Ball.

WHU still never won the WC, I could say more but I won't other than no club has ever cheated to stay in a division been found guilty 3 times. I think you'll also find that I put 82? as for Peters over rated IMO as a manager who put us in 4th division.

I think you'll find also this country owes them nowt, diddly, Nada they've been paid back no end of times, and Brooking has had his fair share of influencing things for them. If its their ground they should stump up for it, not get help, oh & yes Barry Hearn & Orient are well peed off.

Lets face it the PL is probably the biggest money machine on the planet, due to such as stupid bloody Sky.

Agreed. Except for the end bit - "stupid Sky" - stupid British public for not refusing to pay for the matches on Sky. The trouble was though, loads of fans were over the moon to see their teams regularly on Sky after ITV had always covered the big six with little or no coverage for all the other teams for years. We're too daft.

WHU still never won the WC, I could say more but I won't other than no club has ever cheated to stay in a division been found guilty 3 times. I think you'll also find that I put 82? as for Peters over rated tosser who put us in 4th division.

We never did get a Bank Hoilday for Saint Givens day!:hihi:;)

WHU still never won the WC, I could say more but I won't other than no club has ever cheated to stay in a division been found guilty 3 times. I think you'll also find that I put 82? as for Peters over rated tosser who put us in 4th division.

what a laugh that was. You beat us 3-0 down the Lane that year (and deservedly so I might add, I was there) and still went down a couple of weeks later.

what must it feel like to have ever been in the 4th division for a club like Sheffield United. A big club. Bigger than West Ham really who were not any different from lowly Orient when Sheffield United were one of the most powerful teams in the land back in the 1920s. West Ham have never even been in the third.

Agreed. Except for the end bit - "stupid Sky" - stupid British public for not refusing to pay for the matches on Sky. The trouble was though, loads of fans were over the moon to see their teams regularly on Sky after ITV had always covered the big six with little or no coverage for all the other teams for years. We're too daft.

Yes I agree there, I know that 2 Man Utd season tickets holders were arguing, and one called the other a part time supporter, as he didn't have Sky.:hihi:

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 21:12 ----------

what a laugh that was. You beat us 3-0 down the Lane that year (and deservedly so I might add, I was there) and still went down a couple of weeks later.

what must it feel like to have ever been in the 4th division for a club like Sheffield United. A big club. Bigger than West Ham really who were not any different from lowly Orient when Sheffield United were one of the most powerful teams in the land back in the 1920s. West Ham have never even been in the third.

No they have not; and till United did they'd NEVER finished lower than 11th in the old 2nd division, it was awful & humiliating to go into the 4th but others have done it, Wolves, Hull City.

I've never had an axe to grind with WHU always played the game how it should be had some great players, Clyde Best, Pop Robson (the original) not that pillock from Man Ure. I loved Frank McAvennie,Phil Parkes and many more.

I remember coming home off nights 20 years ago & reading that Bobby Moore had died, do you know what I did? I cried, he was a great player respected all over the world name me one now who can say that, not Beckham he's just fawned over.

I never blamed WHU when we went down I've always blamed Warnock I mean we were 10 points clear, they should have been punished more but weren't.

The only thing wrong was that Brooking was involved with the outcome that should not be, I never liked him he could get under a snakes belly with a top hat on.

I was just making the point that it was a joint effort we won the WC, lets face it after 1970, and we should have retained it then, we've not really ever come near.

Just as a side issue how do you feel about leaving the Boleyn Ground, I'll bet loads are gutted.

Are you confusing the Blades with Huddersfield Town? United never finished higher than 5th and averaged 12th in that decade,

mixed feelings about leaving Upton Park. It was always obvious that it just wasn't that good a ground. Fond memories of course although I have usually attended West Ham games only when they are in the 2nd division and usually away matches only close to here i.e. Bolton, Burnley, Derby places like that. I have this theory that I need to support them only when they are down and that when they achieve promotion (which never takes all that long) that's it it's job done, and my support is no longer required. The worst ever moment for me was when they lost 1-0 to Rotherham at Millmoor early on in the 2003 season. The best moments are the times they have beaten Manchester United in a vital match right at the end of the season to escape relegation which somehow they have managed to do about four times.

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 21:32 ----------

Are you confusing the Blades with Huddersfield Town? United never finished higher than 5th and averaged 12th in that decade,

they won the Cup in 1925. The last time of course, that they have ever won anything.

Since 1966 Martin Peters has collected more international caps and scored more goals than all the subsequent players of SUFC have collected between them.

Archived