Blades vs Brentford 23/3

scottf

Your probably right bypass but our game against Barnsley was called off a couple of seasons ago by the police and there was less snow than this so I wasn't expecting it to go ahead. Also got to think of the away fans, not sure I'd fancy travelling from london in this

I bet there was only about 200 coming up with it being on sky and they have a poor away following anyway . They are the least of my concern :)

i bet there was only about 200 coming up with it being on sky and they have a poor away following anyway . They are the least of my concern :)

1000 brentford supporters were taking advantage of the club offering free travel.

Your probably right bypass but our game against Barnsley was called off a couple of seasons ago by the police and there was less snow than this so I wasn't expecting it to go ahead. Also got to think of the away fans, not sure I'd fancy travelling from london in this

That's cos their softies, us Northerners would be there in t-shirts Nervy :hihi::hihi:

1000 brentford supporters were taking advantage of the club offering free travel.

Didnt know that , if there was no free travel then it would be 200 no doubt :)

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 12:33 ----------

That's cos their softies, us Northerners would be there in t-shirts Nervy :hihi::hihi:

My shoreham boys t shirt was ironed and ready for today snow or not :)

The m1 will be clear.

Parkway is clear.

Links around town are clear.

Assume Bramall Lane will be clear.

Calling this game off? Very surprised.

Sorry Gazza that's baloney, people will still go to pubs & clubs, and do their normal run of the mill things, it's the nanny state we live in. People are still expected to go to work on Monday, police don't advice them not to go to work, it's laughable.

Walking on snow & ice is all part of life's rich tapestry.

Thing is though mate,somebody slips on the terraces,breaking there leg,instant claim.:(

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 14:08 ----------

Didnt know that , if there was no free travel then it would be 200 no doubt :)

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 12:33 ----------

My shoreham boys t shirt was ironed and ready for today snow or not :)

T.shirt bah get thee vest on.:hihi:

Thing is though mate,somebody slips on the terraces,breaking there leg,instant claim.:(

That's my point Gazza, its the puffy nanny state we live in, what about when you lot played Arsenal & bombed Jennings with snowballs, had someone fallen over and broke a leg they'd have said "silly chuff"

There is too much of this where's there's blame cobblers, by going to the game someone knows & accepts the risks :rant::rant:

That's my point Gazza, its the puffy nanny state we live in, what about when you lot played Arsenal & bombed Jennings with snowballs, had someone fallen over and broke a leg they'd have said "silly chuff"

There is too much of this where's there's blame cobblers, by going to the game someone knows & accepts the risks :rant::rant:

Cant argue with that. That jennings thing was funny:hihi:

The m1 will be clear.

Parkway is clear.

Links around town are clear.

Assume Bramall Lane will be clear.

Calling this game off? Very surprised.

A number of bus services were suspended this morning though, and according to the SYT site at one point they weren't going up Chesterfield Road; Meadowhead was gridlocked; all except the major roads haven't been gritted; and presumably the many roads around Bramall Lane and it's surrounding area, where most people would park, are not cleared either.

That, with the forecast of snow possibly all day today as well, and the distance Brentford are travelling, may have swayed the referee - can't say I was looking forward to sitting in a freezing John Street watching it, I think we'd have ended up watching on tv anyway! :)

It's a blow to our outside hopes of automatic promotion though, the fixture backlog is going to have an impact on us over the next month or so...

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 14:36 ----------

Sorry Gazza that's baloney, people will still go to pubs & clubs, and do their normal run of the mill things, it's the nanny state we live in. People are still expected to go to work on Monday, police don't advice them not to go to work, it's laughable.

Walking on snow & ice is all part of life's rich tapestry.

With it being on tv, maybe they could've played it without opening the turnstiles, and just borrow the old Arsenal mural to make it look like there were some fans there :hihi: The atmosphere's been pretty flat at recent games, so probably not much difference noise wise!

Archived