Please dont forget the water

please dont forget the birds this week, put out what you can,apple cores pear cores etc all old ceriel crumbs crushed up bread but ,just as important for them if you cant feed just put out a couple of shallow dishes of water

Thanks for the reminder re the water, this usually gets overlooked. I don't put any food on the ground scared of vermin. Trouble in my garden is I've got a 16 yr old Yorkie and he's very choosy about who comes in HIS garden...:hihi: so he chases cats and birds off...

The birds are getting crafty though and waiting untill he goes in!

No point for me.

My neighbour has cats who kill any birds that land in my garden.

Not possible. I own 2 cats who like to chase and catch birds and yet lots and lots of them manage to feed safely in my garden. I've been out there this morning before breakfast and dug through the 12" of snow to make a hole and put food down. Then I dug out the water dishes and put warm water in them. The cats were under the impression I'd done all this for their benefit but got fed up after about 5 minutes.

please dont forget the birds this week, put out what you can,apple cores pear cores etc all old ceriel crumbs crushed up bread but ,just as important for them if you cant feed just put out a couple of shallow dishes of water

Good reminder, thank you. Will do.

I suspect lots of other people who look at this thread and not make a comment will also be glad of the reminder.

I don't think I can remember a winter when I've had to de-ice the birds water on so many mornings.

Archived