Leveson Report - A threat we should observe

Isn't that just argument for doing nothing about anything ever?

No it's a cop out. Get littlejohn fired and we'll all feel warm inside for a week until his replacement makes his mark by bullying another person or group. Fine them a million for every blatant lie and 10 million for every death (this isn't the first). I'd sign up to that. This is faffing round the edges.

No it's a cop out. Get littlejohn fired and we'll all feel warm inside for a week until his replacement makes his mark by bullying another person or group. Fine them a million for every blatant lie and 10 million for every death (this isn't the first). I'd sign up to that. This is faffing round the edges.

Ah right, I'm with you now. I still think it is better than nothing though.

Ah right, I'm with you now. I still think it is better than nothing though.

You're probably right. But how many daily mail readers will sign it ? Probably none, some will think littlejohn is bang on the money (he writes to a specific audience afterall). Circulation might drop by about 4 people and the rest will keep buying the paper.

This might seem like a anti-daily mail rant, and whilst they are up there with the worst, all the mainstream press suffer from similar opinion writers having a go at their pet hates and or targets. The main people responsible are the planks who buy them.

There is far too much censorship in the media/ Internet as it is ,and any more would be akin to Gagging the press. The last thing this country needs is any more censorship .

Although im sure our MP`s would have loved more censorship when all their dirty little secrets and cons were exposed by the Tabloids( whom some of you hate) over their expenses claims.

There is far too much censorship in the media/ Internet as it is ,and any more would be akin to Gagging the press. The last thing this country needs is any more censorship .

Although im sure our MP`s would have loved more censorship when all their dirty little secrets and cons were exposed by the Tabloids( whom some of you hate) over their expenses claims.

Really ? If it's a secret that has a bearing on his job and the facts are right then print it. They do. Was it important we knew what David mellor did in a Chelsea kit ? No. I want facts mostly. Newspapers (a misnomer if ever there was one) seem to have very few.

And since when was the telegraph (for it was they that broke the expenses story) a tabloid ?

Really ? If it's a secret that has a bearing on his job and the facts are right then print it. They do. Was it important we knew what David mellor did in a Chelsea kit ? No. I want facts mostly. Newspapers (a misnomer if ever there was one) seem to have very few.

And since when was the telegraph (for it was they that broke the expenses story) a tabloid ?

What Mellor did was a FACT .

Yes of course.

Why should we give a flying **** about poor souls like Lucy Meadows or Jennifer Elliott (yet another harrassed to death by the tabloids). Just as long as you get your prurience satisfied.

You're exactly the reason tabloids exist.

It was reputable reporters at the Guardian that broke the story phone hacking, and reputable reporters at the Telegraph that broke the story on MPs expenses.

What exactly have we to thank the Mail and the Sun for?

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 22:01 ----------

Thankfully the heat is growing under Littlejohn. He took advantage of the fact that Lucy did not have a voice, but now, it seems, thousands are speaking for her.

Daily Mail's Richard Littlejohn Faces Online Wrath For Column On Transgender Teacher Lucy Meadows

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/03/23/richard-littlejohn-lucy-meadows_n_2940090.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cukt1%7Cdl12%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D165750

The petition is here if anybody is interested -

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-daily-mail-fire-richard-littlejohn-for-victimizing-lucy-meadows-leading-to-her-possible-suicide

Good - even if the Mail won't fire it's star columnist, let's hope this petition gathers a head of steam' - Littlejohn's views are disgusting and, "the man who insisted that the five women murdered in Ipswich be referred to only as ‘prostitutes’ and that we needn’t mourn the death of these ‘disgusting, drug-addled street whores’ who were ‘no great loss’ as they ‘weren’t going to discover a cure for cancer or embark on missionary work in Darfur’. And anyway, said Richard, ‘death by strangulation [was] an occupational hazard’ for the five women murdered, so what were we all getting upset about?" (Angry Mob)

Archived