This puts the tin lid on it

A Man City fan has had his £1,000 season ticket taken off him, after using an electronic cigarette at half time. Now before all the anti smokers are up in arms saying marvellous just remember this vital piece of law.

Manchester City ban supporter for smoking electronic cigarette – after thinking it’s real

A lifelong Manchester City fan has appealed to the club after they cancelled his season ticket – because the electronic cigarette he was ‘smoking’ was mistaken for a real one.

Electronic cigarettes are widely used by smokers who are trying to give up by giving a hit of nicotine whilst not releasing any of poisonous toxins that normal cigarettes contain.

They are not lit by the user, and therefore are exempt from government rules restricting the smoking of lit tobacco in a public place.

If I was him I'd want my ST back and compensation and a public apology.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/22/manchester-city-ban-supporter-for-smoking-electronic-cigarette-after-thinking-its-real-3555276/

Please note that the entire Etihad Campus, including roadways, car parks and concourses, is smoke free. The use of electronic cigarettes is also prohibited.

From...http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2013/March/City-v-West-Ham

A Man City fan has had his £1,000 season ticket taken off him, after using an electronic cigarette at half time. Now before all the anti smokers are up in arms saying marvellous just remember this vital piece of law.

Manchester City ban supporter for smoking electronic cigarette – after thinking it’s real

A lifelong Manchester City fan has appealed to the club after they cancelled his season ticket – because the electronic cigarette he was ‘smoking’ was mistaken for a real one.

Electronic cigarettes are widely used by smokers who are trying to give up by giving a hit of nicotine whilst not releasing any of poisonous toxins that normal cigarettes contain.

They are not lit by the user, and therefore are exempt from government rules restricting the smoking of lit tobacco in a public place.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/22/manchester-city-ban-supporter-for-smoking-electronic-cigarette-after-thinking-its-real-3555276/

However they are prohibited by the club's terms and conditions for the ticket. He contravened those terms and conditions and was dealt with accordingly.

It's not the club's fault that he either didn't bother to read the T&C or chose to ignore them.

They are not banned by law, and what would have been wrong with asking him to prove it was not real, and just asking to put it away. Sorry he is doing no harm, they are NOT illegal I have not read MC's T & C's but surprised if they include electronic fags, they are forever going on about people stopping and then this happens.

It is illegal to swear at football but plenty do it, though god knows why its the perfect place to release pent up feelings lol

They are not banned by law, and what would have been wrong with asking him to prove it was not real, and just asking to put it away. Sorry he is doing no harm, they are NOT illegal I have not read MC's T & C's but surprised if they include electronic fags, they are forever going on about people stopping and then this happens.

It is illegal to swear at football but plenty do it, though god knows why its the perfect place to release pent up feelings lol

Read #2.....

and this is whats so wrong with the world - the club were perfectly entitled.

Please note that the entire Etihad Campus, including roadways, car parks and concourses, is smoke free. The use of electronic cigarettes is also prohibited.

From...http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2013/March/City-v-West-Ham

Which is understandable when they can do this.

A smoker had his teeth knocked out and lost part of his tongue after a ‘healthy’ electric cigarette exploded in his mouth.

and this is whats so wrong with the world - the club were perfectly entitled.

If that's what's so wrong with the stop stop moaning like a prat when someone lights up a real fag next to you, at least these people are trying to give up their habit and showing consideration. And before you go off on one I DON'T SMOKE

It's just that in this day and age no matter what anyone does to help others they get castigated, I'll remember that when seem KJ leaves their car engine running spewing out all their carcinogens, oh & bus drivers in Pond Street & such, when they are supposed to kill the engine.

If that's what's so wrong with the stop stop moaning like a prat when someone lights up a real fag next to you, at least these people are trying to give up their habit and showing consideration. And before you go off on one I DON'T SMOKE

who says I moan fella?

question is can someone not go 90 minutes without a fix?

why do you think the the selfish fool should qualify for compensation?

Archived