Patrols not posters

charliewag

a poster campaign is to be launched warning foreign 'anglers' it is illegal to remove fish from britain's waterways. these people are well aware of the law but

choose to ignore it so instead of some futile posters why can't the e.a use some

of our licence money to fund more patrols?

as well as deterring these people from taking fish it would also be a good opportunity to see if they've actually bought a rod licence.

Completely agree. I would say most or all have no license, which is insult to injury, but I guess the main tragedy lies in the fact that even if they all stopped tomorrow the damage done to certain areas is too great.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I've had these guys approach me asking for the fish I catch, when I say I return them - complete confusion across their face. Hey, I'm not racially intolerant, has zip to do with it, but when I'm in a different country I make sure I adhere to their rules and where possible, their ways. I wouldn't go anywhere with such blatant disregard to the surrounding people and I mean anywhere.

More patrols are required, but I can see e.a's issue, I don't know how many miles of river/canal/pond bank there is, but I'm sure it's an impossible figure. Maybe the best way is to set up a tip off register of some sort (online perhaps).

they could start by 'blitzing' problem areas such as lincs. and cambs. to get the message

across.

i fished the forty foot last year and although the e.a had erected signs in polish and other languages informing them it was illegal to remove any fish a local angler told me it was still a major problem.

Archived