Discarded cigarette ends

Not all smokers throw the tab ends on the floor. You can't accuse all smokers of littering.

However, i do think a lot of people don't seem to realise that it's actually littering. My boyfriend for instance. He's a smoker. He wouldn't dream of throwing a crisp packet or empty drinks bottle on the floor, but he does sometimes flick his tab ends onto the floor without a second thought. If he eats or drinks in his car, he brings the rubbish home with him and puts it in the bin as he comes down the path. However, the cigarrette ends go straight out of the car window. He always gets a telling off from me if i see him do this. I hate it!

However, the cigarrette ends go straight out of the car window. He always gets a telling off from me if i see him do this. I hate it!

In some areas the police are starting to clamp down on that. It's dangerous to pedestrians and cyclists, and especially to babies. (I suppose it's also dangerous to people in cars with the windows or the top down.)

Why do gum chewers feel the need to spit out their gum on the pavements .At least the tab ends can be swept up.along with the crisp packets,plastic bottles,fast food remnants etc.etc.So don't turn littering into a smoking issue.

Well said, it not only cost's a fortune to clean up, there is a danger of spreading TB, not a thing to be laughed at now it's become resistant to antibiotics.

Those that chew gum and spit it out onto the pavement are a darn site more anti-social than any smoker.

I am a roll up smoker, 100% of my cigarettes are bio-degradable, and if dropped can be swept up with the rest of the rubbish, try sweeping gum up, pound for pound fags are a lot cheaper to clear away.

I am not condoning dropping any rubbish on the floor, but lets have it in proportion - Could you afford the tax increase if no one smoked in this country. The powers that be, must get the money from some where.

... If I was a manager ( :rolleyes: ) I'd watch for people doing it and pull them up...

I've met few managers like that, too.

Alternatively, of course, you could task somebody else with monitoring the smoking area and get on with whatever it is you are paid to do.

Archived