Migrants to the back of the queue

Do they qualify for housing benefit, if so its still subsidised, private or public housing.

As I pointed out, they are all out at work before dawn, so if they are also claiming benefit, this must be due to their being paid so poorly that they cannot make ends meet in spite of their many hours of toil on a freezing fenland farm.

Every immigrant I've ever met has worked very hard at their job and completed the work to a very high standard. A standard every worker should aspire to. Additionally, 30% of NHS workers were born oversees [guardian.co.uk/society/joepublic/2010/nov/10/nhs-health]. They provide skills that we all access.

Having worked in schools and colleges, the foreign students work harder than their English peers and achieve better results than them despite speaking English as a second language.

Jobs are scarce, but perhaps the onus is on us to improve out own attitude to work and education. Many take it for granted.

Every immigrant I've ever met has worked very hard at their job and completed the work to a very high standard. A standard every worker should aspire to. Additionally, 30% of NHS workers were born oversees [guardian.co.uk/society/joepublic/2010/nov/10/nhs-health]. They provide skills that we all access.

Having worked in schools and colleges, the foreign students work harder than their English peers and achieve better results than them despite speaking English as a second language.

Jobs are scarce, but perhaps the onus is on us to improve out own attitude to work and education. Many take it for granted.

you need to come and live on my estate then because not one of the many burmese immigrants work on there just like all the polish in the high rise flats at upperthorpe geting drunk all day every day

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Every immigrant I've ever met has worked very hard at their job and completed the work to a very high standard. A standard every worker should aspire to. Additionally, 30% of NHS workers were born oversees.

In my experience of non UK born workers in the education sector, their poor language skills let them down, and their lack of knowledge about English ways and culture.

you need to come and live on my estate then because not one of the many burmese immigrants work on there just like all the polish in the high rise flats at upperthorpe geting drunk all day every day

That does sound bad and it's not o.k.

All I can say is that not all Polish people are like that and there are many estates around Sheffield made of purely white British people that are as bad as that or worse.

I just worry that all immigrant are being tarred with the same brush when so many are providing valuable cultural and societal benefits.

Can’t see this working either. Does this include asylum seekers?

Bolting the stable door knee jerk action.

I doubt it, and it shouldn't. But there are so few of them that it also shouldn't matter.

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 10:47 ----------

What are the rules regarding non EU migrants claiming benefits... Presumably you'll know this due to your Burmese neighbours.

That does sound bad and it's not o.k.

All I can say is that not all Polish people are like that and there are many estates around Sheffield made of purely white British people that are as bad as that or worse.

I just worry that all immigrant are being tarred with the same brush when so many are providing valuable cultural and societal benefits.

yes and some arnt http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120049/Romanian-gangs-cashpoint-robberies-rake-30m-year.html

Archived