What do non-smokers think of e-cigarettes?

I like it when folk think they are better qualified than medical professionals.

[...] The Food and Drug Administration has announced a warning on electronic cigarettes, also known as “e-cigarettes,” after a lab analysis found that they contain carcinogens and toxic chemicals

Who said they were harmless?

Nobody has said they're more qualified than medical professionals.

What your position fails to take into account is that, A; ecigs will contain less carcinogens and toxins than normal cigarettes, and B; those carcinogens and toxins will not be exhaled like the toxins in normal cigarettes.

http://news.consumerreports.org/health/2009/07/ecigarettes-warning-electronic-cigarettes-health-risks-fda-and-ecigarettes-ban-on-ecigarettes-.html

The Food and Drug Administration has announced a warning on electronic cigarettes, also known as “e-cigarettes,” after a lab analysis found that they contain carcinogens and toxic chemicals such as diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze that may be harmful to humans. E-cigarettes are battery-operated devices that generally contain cartridges filled with nicotine, flavor, and other chemicals that are inhaled by the user.

FDA?...that's American!!...Show me something British!

Yep...much the same way as people can obtain 'dodgy' cigarettes! If you get your products from a reputable source, then this isn't an issue.

You failed to answer my question...Why do the people I buy off manage to get a CE mark on their products?

http://news.consumerreports.org/health/2009/07/ecigarettes-warning-electronic-cigarettes-health-risks-fda-and-ecigarettes-ban-on-ecigarettes-.html

The Food and Drug Administration has announced a warning on electronic cigarettes, also known as “e-cigarettes,” after a lab analysis found that they contain carcinogens and toxic chemicals such as diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze that may be harmful to humans. E-cigarettes are battery-operated devices that generally contain cartridges filled with nicotine, flavor, and other chemicals that are inhaled by the user.

That lab report and the FDA conclusions were massively discredited world over.

So getting back to the original question!...If I sat beside you in a pub and puffed on an e-gig. Would that be an 'issue' for you?
erm no :hihi:

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 12:03 ----------

come on give up now your embarrasing yourself :hihi:

Well I 'dont' like it when general members of the public jump on the do-gooder bandwagon and try to stop someone enjoying themselves while at the same time doing no harm what-so-ever to any body else.

As a non-smoker I can see the benefits of of using 1 of these e-cigs,they do as little harm as a nicotine patch,would you like to see them banned aswell cos they dont match someone's tan.

Narrow minded pillock:help:

Well I 'dont' like it when general members of the public jump on the do-gooder bandwagon and try to stop someone enjoying themselves while at the same time doing no harm what-so-ever to any body else.

As a non-smoker I can see the benefits of of using 1 of these e-cigs,they do as little harm as a nicotine patch,would you like to see them banned aswell cos they dont match someone's tan.

Narrow minded pillock:help:

I agree entirely, although calling someone a narrow minded ........ I can't condone! (mod hat on)

But clearly she's antagonistic!

Well I'm glad to report that the narrow minded amongst us are far and few between; I've been using e-cigs for over a year now, I've vaped in pubs, trams, trains, buses, friends houses and just about everywhere I've been and not once has anyone pulled me up on it.

I'd be interested to know what pub Uptowngirl frequents so that I could avoid it but she wouldn't tell us on another thread she spouted the same nonsense she has here.

It could be any of Wetherspoon's 860 pubs. E-fags are banned from them all as well as several other pub chains. They are also banned from several universities, shopping centres and every airline in the world. The list is getting larger rather than shorter since the WHO called for a ban on their use.

It could be any of Wetherspoon's 860 pubs. E-fags are banned from them all as well as several other pub chains. They are also banned from several universities, shopping centres and every airline in the world. The list is getting larger rather than shorter since the WHO called for a ban on their use.

but every airline in the world will try and sell e-cigs ,and normal cigs ,while your sat on their planes:huh:

Archived