What do non-smokers think of e-cigarettes?

but every airline in the world will try and sell e-cigs ,and normal cigs ,while your sat on their planes:huh:

That I very much doubt. I remember Ryanair did once list them on their "goods for sale", but even they joined the ban and now no longer sell them. I haven't seen them on an aircraft for a couple of years now. Similarly I remember a ban being imposed on their use on US & Canadian railways.

What happened to the answer to the original question?

SO....The question is: Lets say you're a non smoker, and someone sits next to you in a pub or a shopping centre and smokes an e-cig. Would you object? (bearing in mind that non-smokers exhale...it's just that you can't 'see' it. The e-cig only generates water vapour)

That I very much doubt. I remember Ryanair did once list them on their "goods for sale", but even they joined the ban and now no longer sell them. I haven't seen them on an aircraft for a couple of years now. Similarly I remember a ban being imposed on their use on US & Canadian railways.

last time I flew was September, Ryan air were selling e-fags and normal cigs on the flight:confused:

Using e-cigs is a million times better for you than smoking cigarettes. That is a "given".

To say that nicotine addiction is "harmless", however, is misguided.

Yes. many other things are just as addictive (or more so) and accepted by society, but that does not make them harmless.

I would not for one second, deny you your right to use nicotine, but that addiction sucks money out of wallets and purses that could often be better used elsewhere. It causes symptoms, not dissimilar to mental illness, when a withdrawal situation arises - mood swings, loss of temper, theft ... all to satisfy the craving.

I agree ... coffee addiction can do the same ... but it is a form of harm that could be avoided. It is a form of harm that some would consider insignificant ... but it does exist.

The success in stopping is usually assisted by finding an alternative stimulus, be it exercise, love, food etc.

It could be any of Wetherspoon's 860 pubs. E-fags are banned from them all as well as several other pub chains. They are also banned from several universities, shopping centres and every airline in the world. The list is getting larger rather than shorter since the WHO called for a ban on their use.

It's quite a bizarre stance to take given that the basis for their actions are that there is no conclusive evidence. Wetherspoon's actually knowingly sell proven harmful products too:loopy:

WHO say:-

"WHO does not discount the possibility that the electronic cigarette could be useful as a smoking cessation aid. The only way to know is to test.

If the marketers of the electronic cigarette want to help smokers quit, then they need to conduct clinical studies and toxicity analyses and operate within the proper regulatory framework," said Douglas Bettcher, Director a.i. of WHO's Tobacco Free Initiative. "Until they do that, WHO cannot consider the electronic cigarette to be an appropriate nicotine replacement therapy, and it certainly cannot accept false suggestions that it has approved and endorsed the product."

..... and that is a pretty odd stance too IMO given that we know for a fact that tobacco kills when all lab tests to date show in all likelihood that there is nothing in e-cigarettes more harmful than in existing NRT's.

It does need some regulation I agree but dismissing something through ignorance is pretty backward and suggests big tobacco industry lobbying money is clouding the facts.

e-Cigs are vapourisers ... i.e. nicotine vapour with no tar (same as nicotine patches or gum) .... therefore, by logic, NOT cigarettes, cigars or pipes and SHOULD be exempt from any 'smoking' ban ... I use 'em ... when at pub and weather is grim outside, at footy stadia, Meadowhall, etc. ... and when driving & stuck in traffic ... a couple of drags does the trick.

I've heard of a couple of places in town that have 'banned' them but that just means they'd lose any money I would spend there ... sod 'em, their loss.

e-Cigs are vapourisers ... i.e. nicotine vapour with no tar (same as nicotine patches or gum) .... therefore, by logic, NOT cigarettes, cigars or pipes and SHOULD be exempt from any 'smoking' ban ... I use 'em ... when at pub and weather is grim outside, at footy stadia, Meadowhall, etc. ... and when driving & stuck in traffic ... a couple of drags does the trick.

I've heard of a couple of places in town that have 'banned' them but that just means they'd lose any money I would spend there ... sod 'em, their loss.

Unless you using an e fag puts off others who would otherwise spend money there. I noticed an increasing number of football grounds have now banned their use as well.v

Unless you using an e fag puts off others who would otherwise spend money there. I noticed an increasing number of football grounds have now banned their use as well.v

Why? They're 'put off' by me using something that's legal? :huh:

I am discrete when using anyway and never where, say, food is served but is that as bad as me being 'put off' by some nob with blaring headphones on near me on the tram? Or B.O.? Or unsightly bingo wings? :gag:

As for footy, say at H-T and seeing my 'smoke' ... after having a couple of funny looks off stewards they've realised they AREN'T fags and nothing's been said to me ... and that's been at several grounds ...

And that has to be better than the toilets where they're like the proverbial opium dens at H-T ...

Why? They're 'put off' by me using something that's legal? :huh:

I am discrete when using anyway and never where, say, food is served but is that as bad as me being 'put off' by some nob with blaring headphones on near me on the tram? Or B.O.? Or unsightly bingo wings? :gag:

As for footy, say at H-T and seeing my 'smoke' ... after having a couple of funny looks off stewards they've realised they AREN'T fags and nothing's been said to me ... and that's been at several grounds ...

And that has to be better than the toilets where they're like the proverbial opium dens at H-T ...

Hey mate. I don't make the rules. I'm just telling you how it is.

Several football clubs have already banned them from the grounds.

Every airline in the world seems to have banned them on flights

US and Canadian railways have banned them from trains.

National Express have banned them from their premises and buses

Starbucks have banned them from all their 18000 coffee shops.

Tesco has banned them from all their stores

Morrisons has banned them from all their stores

Sainsbury has banned them from all their stores

Major retail developments such as Metro Centre, Baehead & Bullring have banned their use.

What do you think they are trying to tell you?

Hey mate. I don't make the rules. I'm just telling you how it is.

Several football clubs have already banned them from the grounds.

Every airline in the world seems to have banned them on flights

US and Canadian railways have banned them from trains.

National Express have banned them from their premises and buses

Starbucks have banned them from all their 18000 coffee shops.

Tesco has banned them from all their stores

Morrisons has banned them from all their stores

Sainsbury has banned them from all their stores

Major retail developments such as Metro Centre, Baehead & Bullring have banned their use.

What do you think they are trying to tell you?

That these places don't want my money ... :P

As I said earlier, no worries ... sod 'em :cool:

Archived